Birmingham / West Midlands

Guest davey72

Guest davey72

Anyone emigrating to Adelaide from the above areas in the next few months?

We leave Birmingham on the 10th October for Adelaide. Be nice to swop emigration tips.

Unfortunately not ready to go yet. We are from Tamworth. Just trying to get the correct paperwork together to make Visa application Oct 09. Had positive skills assessment 11.8.09 and got IELTs booked for 12.9.09 at Bham Uni. If that goes well, hope to eventually get to the stage your at....sometime......soon.....ish......we hope!

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi, we live in the West Midlands, in between Dudley and Wolverhampton. Not long got our visa but not ready to make the move just yet. We got to try and sell house first. Whereabouts do you live now?

Unfortunately not ready to go yet. We are from Tamworth. Just trying to get the correct paperwork together to make Visa application Oct 09. Had positive skills assessment 11.8.09 and got IELTs booked for 12.9.09 at Bham Uni. If that goes well, hope to eventually get to the stage your at....sometime......soon.....ish......we hope!

Hey,

We are from Tamworth too....have been here 18months and love it!! See ya soon!!

Good luck with your application!!

Hey, Davey72....have a great flight over!!

Dan

We leave Birmingham on the 10th October for Adelaide. Be nice to swop emigration tips.

Hi Davey72, there's a meet up on this Sunday over in the East midlands. It would be about 1 hrs drive tops from black country.

This thread is located at:

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11019&goto=newpost

prob see you there!!

Guest davey72

Currently reside in Sutton Coldfield.

Scooterdan, I am from Tammy originally, I went to Woodhouse many moons ago. Are you into scooters ? I am shipping my 1962 Vespa over.

Lastboyscout, thats not a villa top on your picture is it? I will have to get some good tips from you on where is best to watch the footie.

Guest lastboyscout
Currently reside in Sutton Coldfield.

Scooterdan, I am from Tammy originally, I went to Woodhouse many moons ago. Are you into scooters ? I am shipping my 1962 Vespa over.

Lastboyscout, thats not a villa top on your picture is it? I will have to get some good tips from you on where is best to watch the footie.

It certainly is my friend, ex season ticket holder in the Lower Holte :jiggy:

And the best place to watch the match is round my place after some beers :biglaugh:

If you come round on your vespa, I`ll even do you some food ;)

Guest davey72

Lastboyscout, thanks for the offer for the footie mate, you might retract your offer as I am bluenose! Have no problem with the Villa though my mates are half villa half blues..not the best start to the season for both teams, although with my blue tinted shades on we could have got a draw against man u. So if the offer is still there I will give you a shout when we arrive, we will be in Millswood so not sure how far away that is from you.

Guest lastboyscout

No worries Davey, it would be nice to see ya at my house especially if we whack you 5-1 again :biglaugh:

Millswood is about half hour from ours so no probs at all :v_SPIN:

Guest davey72

sorted, luckily enough I will be here for next blues villa game so hopefully we can put the 5-1 to bed

I will contact you after we arrive, we get to Millswood on the 14th Oct so when the family have settled in I will give you shout and we can get a game in!

Guest The Hadleys

Hi Davey72

We are from the West Midlands, have been here since November 2008 and absolutely love it. All the very best with your journey if you need any information, ask away and we will try and help.

Dawn

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone would still like to meet, I've put a thread on under "get togethers" and suggested meeting up before making the big move. We live in Northampton, but don't mind travelling, ............. herewith copy of thread....... (sorry if you have seen it already)

If all goes to plan we will be moving to Adelaide early next year, and thought it would be nice to meet others in the same boat. Not only to share stories, but hopefully have a few familiar faces when we settle on the other side.

We live in Northampton, and as a starting point would like to suggest the The Quays pub at Billing Aquadrome, it’s got a play area and is very family friendly. We have a little two year old and know how hard it is to find a place where you feel comfortable taking kids.

Again, as a starting point, herewith a few dates and times to consider:

5th or 6th Sept – meet at 12pm (can have lunch and go up stairs for the kids to play)

12th or 13th Sept - meet at 12pm (can have lunch and go up stairs for the kids to play)

Looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing stories.

http://www.billingaquadrome.com/- Directions to Billing Aquadrome the pub is on your left before entering the site.

Byron (35), Lindi (33) and Kieran (2)

Guest angiestaff

hi,

me n hubby (and dogs) came from sheldon, been in adelaide (west lakes) for nearly 5 months now, getting to know our way around, love the area (would NOT go back!! lol)...angela

Guest Tracey

Hi Davey, We are from Oldbury in the Midlands mate. we leave in 2 weeks for adelaide. all the very best to you and your family. I'm finding it all a little stressful now lol Trace

Guest angiestaff

hi tracey,

notice ur a nurse, have u lined up a job yet? if so where u gonna be working? i'm a mental health nurse started work 4 months ago in an acute mental health ward in elizabeth.....it's took a bit of getting used to but the staff are lovely and in the whole very helpful and supportive (can't ask for more than that can you?? lol)....ange

Guest Tracey
hi tracey,

notice ur a nurse, have u lined up a job yet? if so where u gonna be working? i'm a mental health nurse started work 4 months ago in an acute mental health ward in elizabeth.....it's took a bit of getting used to but the staff are lovely and in the whole very helpful and supportive (can't ask for more than that can you?? lol)....ange

Hi Ang, yes i have got a job at queen elizabeth hospital, start in october. Sounds good that people at your work have been helpful and supportive to you at work, you need that.

We have just had our OAA given to us, don't look brilliant, but at least it cheap and chearful, and will just be a base for us to look for more permanent digs. Guess we'll only be sleeping there anyways. Do you have kids, how they finding it?

Trace

Guest katterfresh

Hi Tracey,

I am also due to start work at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in October. Are you a mental health nurse? I have been assigned to Crammond Clinic. Do you know where you will be workin yet?

I see from your signature that you are flying out on the 6th of september. My boyfriend and i are flying out on 23rd September and going to be staying in temporary accommodation before looking for a more permanent place to live.

Would be good to know how you get on as you will be there a good two weeks beofre us. Will it be ok to keep in touch and updated on your adventure?

Good luck

Kat and Lance

Guest katterfresh

Hi Ange,

Can see from ur post that ur a mental health nurse. How are u enjoyin it? My boyfriend and i are moving to Adelaide and i am due to start work at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Crammond Clinic on 12th October.

We fly out on 23rd September and are staying near sephamore is it? before gettin a good look around and settlin somewhere permanent.

Any advice or information that you find helpful when you first arrived would be much appreciated! A couple of things i would like to know is what the shift patterns are like and do you have to wear uniforms out there?

Be great to hear from you!

Kat and Lance

Guest Tracey
Hi Tracey,

I am also due to start work at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in October. Are you a mental health nurse? I have been assigned to Crammond Clinic. Do you know where you will be workin yet?

I see from your signature that you are flying out on the 6th of september. My boyfriend and i are flying out on 23rd September and going to be staying in temporary accommodation before looking for a more permanent place to live.

Would be good to know how you get on as you will be there a good two weeks beofre us. Will it be ok to keep in touch and updated on your adventure?

Good luck

Kat and Lance

Hi Kat, keep in touch mate, pm if you want. i am a general nurse, start on 12th October also for orientation. Must try to meet up. If you pm me i can give you my email. speak to you soon

all the best of luck to you

trace x

Guest The Hadleys
Hi Davey, We are from Oldbury in the Midlands mate. we leave in 2 weeks for adelaide. all the very best to you and your family. I'm finding it all a little stressful now lol Trace

Hi Trace

We have been here since November 2008, notice you are from Oldbury, so were we. Give us a shout if you need any help as you will be here in a few weeks.

Dawn