Waiting for Visa

Paula&Adrian

Hi Everyone

Me, my husband Adrian, son Christopher age 7 and daughter Gemma age 5 have just sent off our visa application. We have passed the TRA and now can't wait to move to Adelaide. It would be great to hear from other people in our position and also people already living in Adelaide. It would be nice to know that when we move we will know some people there. :D

Guest johnny06

Good luck on the visa!! We are now doing the research side of things before applying for a visa. How did you find the visa application?? Have you got any tips as its still early days for us?? Have you been over to take a look at properties, area, schools etc?

Johnny, Charlie and Sam - age 2

Guest paulocon

Hiya Paula & Adrian, Nice to see you loggin in - we are just down the road from you in Bradford, West Yorkshire!!!!

We are awaiting our visa too - should be no more than 5/6 months now after we put in our visa app in December 06. Not sure yet when we will be heading down under as we keep changing our minds all the time when to go!!

Have you ever been to Oz or even to Adelaide????

Paul

Hello again everyone.

No we have never been to Oz but wonder if it might have been a good idea to. We have spent many hours on various web sites looking at schools, houses and cities thou. Due to my husbands job ( he is an engineer) being in very short supply here we just intend to try and make it work what ever. It has to be better than here.

The visa forms were very long and tedious but got through them in the end. The worst bit is all the waiting.

It is nice to know there may be some fellow Yorkshire folk when we get there to have the odd beer with.

:D

Paula & Adrian

Guest dglamoore

Hi

Welcome to the site. Well done with your TRA - definitely the worst bit :shock:

We have never been to OZ either and will hopefully arrive in Adelaide for the first time in April to live :lol: All paperwork is with the case officer so just waiting for that elusive visa :D

Lisa

Guest paulocon

Hi, I cant speak for everyone but I have been to Oz several times now - twice in the last two years (Brisbane both times). But I have also been to Cairns and Sydney, so I am counting on the fact that I loved these places so I am expecting Adelaide to be very similar. We wanted to migrate to Queensland in all honesty - but due to my trade SA was the only place we could get in - so we are going to stick it there for 2 years and see what happens, but then hopefully move up to Qld after that.

Good luck with the rest of your visa application - keep in touch!!

Paul

Guest MummyJarvo

Hi

We went to Adelaide in August last year to validate our visas. Beautiful beaches and countryside. The people are extremely friendly and very proud of their part of Australia.

Must admit we were a bit disappointed in the houses we looked at but I think we were looking in the wrong places as the ones we saw on the tele looked amazing - but we did visit loads of estate agents.

We've been dithering about going since we came back but have now finally decided to go for it but rent our house out here so we have a fall back position.

Sue and Paul

Guest taylor family

:D Hi paul and family.

welcome to the site you say you've been twice in two years you dont happen to be a timber frame builder its just I know someone from yorkshire who is let us know alan taylor preston lancashire. :shock:

Guest Guest75
Hello again everyone.

No we have never been to Oz but wonder if it might have been a good idea to. We have spent many hours on various web sites looking at schools, houses and cities thou. Due to my husbands job ( he is an engineer) being in very short supply here we just intend to try and make it work what ever. It has to be better than here.

The visa forms were very long and tedious but got through them in the end. The worst bit is all the waiting.

It is nice to know there may be some fellow Yorkshire folk when we get there to have the odd beer with.

:D

Paula & Adrian

Hiya You two.

Nice to meet you :-)

Fellow Yorkies huh??We are from Pudsey ,nr Leeds originally and have lived here in Adelaide for nearly 7 years.It worked out for us :-)

It's only my opinion but I would advice a reccie trip to have a look around and make some contacts.

Look forward to seeing you posting in here :-)

Guest paulocon

Hi all and Taylor family in Adelaide, Sorry but i'm not the timber frame builder you are thinking of - but nice to hear from you all the same!!

Its also nice to see that there are lots of people on this site with Yorkshire connections, looking forward to meeting you all.

Anybody know where they are going to settle yet - which suburbs or areas have you all looked at as I am at a total loss as to where to start thinking about going to (everywhere looks ok on the websites)!!!!

Paul

Hello there everyone and fellow yorkshire folk ( Have to admit I just married one I am actually from Lancashire)

We went to Perth last year on a reccie - our original destination, but after having a good look around decided that we would have to sell various body parts in order to live. Hence we are headed to Adelaide, where I have never been (Andy has - and loved it) We submitted our application in January (136 modl) and now for the long wait. If any of you yorkshire folk fancy a meet then I would be happy to organise one! Have organised a couple and it is lovely to get together.

Well I will keep posting - look forward to hearing from you

Lindsey and Andy

Guest dglamoore

I've split this post to enable those of you together to oragnaise a meet in a seperate post in the social section :lol:

The posts for the meet can now be found in social and meetings.

Hope you have a good meet!!

Lisa :D