schooling in hallet cove

Guest massive

Guest massive

we are hoping to come to adelaide 2008 and like the look of hallet cove we have a budget of 600k$aus max and were woundering if this is a reasonable amount for 4/5 beds 2 baths pool and bigish plot also what are the schools like we have a daughter who will be 10 and a son who will be 3 we are hoping that the move will give them a more outdoor way of life and we are also woundering why lots of other ex pats say go to perth/brisbane not adelaide because its to old fashioned like uk 25years ago what do you feel is this a true reflection?

Guest ralph n bev

Hi massive,

Im not over there so cant tell you anything about Hallet Cove at all, apart from what ive heard on the forums,and that is its supposed to be very popular with the Brits!!

Have you tried looking on www.realestate.com.au ( sorry i cant do links) OOH I did do a link!!

Just put in Hallet Cove and the max you want to spend , and with $600,000 you could take your pick, i should think!!

I think If I had that amount though, I'd be tempted to buy 1 to live in and a smaller1 to rent out, with a small mortgage , maybe.

Prepare to become addicted though!!

Bev

Guest massive

cheers 4 the reply iam pretty rubbish on the pc but my hubby mr massive says this is the best way to learn so i hope i do this right and you get this when r you hoping to go and where abouts are you looking at we have sent off visa apps and awaite the results but hope to move summer 2008 thanks again debbie (mrs massive)

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I live in Hallett Cove... It is popular with us english, but then when you have been here a while you tend to hear english accents every where, Ikea the other day family in front of me and a couple behind!!!!

Adelaide is popular with us brits!!!

As for schools in Hallett... I have friends with liitlies whio go H-C east school it is a primary school, there is also H-C south and the R-12 You can find these on the internet, cant do links either!!! Frends at the east achool love it. my 2 are big kids and they go to Aberfoyle Pk high, so I dont know what the R-12 is like. We only looked at 3 schools when we arrived, Blackwood Ab Pk and H-C R-12, None of us liked Blackwood (comments made by head), kids didnt like R-12, for no valid reason I could see, they had their mind set on Ab Pk!!!

As for having 600k you should be laughing all the way to a beautiful sea view no worries!!!

As for Adelaide being behind...it is in a lot of ways, but IMHO, that is part of its charm!

sarah

Hi Massive.

I live in Hallett Cove and really like the area. I'm really into the coastal walks and love looking out for the sea life.

My son goes to HC south and I am very happy with it.

Judi x:D

Guest massive

thanks for the replies you obviously both like hallet cove ste has a friend on the coast road so thats what made us think of there and today waking up in showery uk again in aug with 2 kids of my own and 2 of my friends to look after thinking what to do with them all day short of murder!!!! we carnt wait to get on our way and are thinking whats took us so long to make the move as we both hit 40 next year enough is enough and are hoping to celebrate our birthdays out there icon11.gif

Guest ralph n bev
cheers 4 the reply iam pretty rubbish on the pc but my hubby mr massive says this is the best way to learn so i hope i do this right and you get this when r you hoping to go and where abouts are you looking at we have sent off visa apps and awaite the results but hope to move summer 2008 thanks again debbie (mrs massive)

Hi Debbie,

I had never been on a key board till i joined adelaidebrits and pomsinadelaide. I used 2 fingers and was very slow at typing, shouting for my kids "HELP!!"

Now, although i couldnt call myself a typist, i can go in a chat room ,or m.s.n.and keep up!!

Your hubbys right , just work your way round the forum , you'll soon get the hang of it!

You will end up with the numb bum syndrome too.

Have you looked at www.realestate.com.au and www.open2view.com.au you will spend ages on those. I have to ration my self, now. (click on them and you will get them on your screen!!)

As for your question, we are waiting for the nod to do the meds and police check from the agent, go matilda. We are going for a recci mid September for 17 days, cant wait for that ,once we are back, if we think its for us , we will put the house up for sale.

We have chosen to go to Adelaide . Its not part of our visa application. The reason we think we will like it is because its "a bit like Britain 25 years ago".

Also the climate , with Ralph working out side.

We think we would like to settle in the North East of Adelaide. In an older solid property, with a pool , or room for a pool!!

But that might change when we do the recci who knows , we certainly dont yet!!

Exciting isnt it.

Bev:D

Guest massive

hi bev have looked on the real estate site amazed at the houses compared to here louds more 4 the money!!!. Have You eva been to oz coz we havent and everyone thinks were mad but we will go over for a look when the visas are passed trade onedone no probs there after all you only have one life and looking on this site nobody seems to regret the move apart from missing families our your kids excited ? our daughter who is 9 is an the little fella doesnt understand anyway :pspeak soon thanks debbie