Introducing - Us!!

lornznpaul

Hi All,

Well although this is my first post, I've been reading this site for almost a year now and gathering so much valuable information from you all! We have just lodged our SA SS application and are hoping to hear something in the next few weeks from a CO after starting our process in October last year.

OH is a carpenter and I am an administrator and we are hoping to work in our chosen professions when we finally arrive in Adelaide. We have had our house on the market for a few months and haven't had much luck so far, so if we are still in the same position when we get our visa, we will fly to Adelaide in February/March to activate the visa's and have a reccie trip.

We have friends in Golden Grove and in Hallett Cove so will spend time with both to have a good look around the different areas and where we would initially like to rent when we make the permanent move.

We are in our early thirties and don't have any children so would love to maybe meet up with any other couples who can give us an insight to how they live their lives in Adelaide and who can give us any tips about how they settled in their new surroundings!

Hope we get some replies!

Lorna & Paul

Guest mayjess

Good Luck to you with your move & house sale

im in the same boat trying to sell my house, dont give up, it will go.

Hallett Cove is beautiful, thats were I lived.

Mayjess

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi there,

Well sorry to dissapoint can't help with your question but just wanted to say high and welcome to the forum. Myself and OH are both in our 30's and have booked our flights for Jan, however we are flying to Perth first, was initially to see friends, long story they are now moving to Queensland but we will hopefully be arriving in Adelaide beginning of Feb.

I have gained so much info from the site it's been invaluable so hopefully you will find the same. You are lucky as you already have friends out there to give you tips and advice. Good luck with the sale of the house and the reccie.

Jo and Tom x:)

Thanks for your replies! Although we do have friends already in Adelaide, we will be looking to meet plenty more of our own too and hopefully meet up with others from this site! This will probably be the first post of many as we gather all our information and decide whats best for us...when we eventually get there!

We're hoping to have our visa in the next few months but we still have our house to sell. So we're planning on flying out to validate our visa in Feb/March and have a bit of a reccie and depending on our house selling, we are planning to make the permanent move next September. Really excited but very nervous too!

Lorna

Guest vicbob

Hello and welcome along. We are in a similar situation 30's, no kids looking to make the move next year, just waiting for visa to be approved. Its a great site and a massive help. Good luck with everything.