• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Seaford Rise

driversara@hotmail.com

Seaford Rise

Hello all. Arrived in Adelaide exactly 2 weeks ago. All a bit shell shocked. We decided on Seaford Rise and have managed to get a rental sorted out. Kids (Will, 9 and Grace, 5) going to Seaford Rise Primary. It seems good but it hard to know if we have thrown them into the lions den or not

OH already working and I plan to start looking as soon as things have settled a bit. In the meantime I would appreciate any information on good childcare (nursery or childminder) toddler groups or are there any of you mums/gals out there who meet up at all in the area? (I also have a 2 year old).

Eldest is keen to start living the life, scouts, surf lessons, soccer so if anyone has anymore information on these or any ideas for Grace it would be great. Does anyone have kids of a similar age and fancy meeting up?

Thanks again,

Sara, Howard, Will, Grace and Isabel.

Title
      Liked
      67 times
      Rep
      Hi Sara, and welcome to Seaford Rise...... sorry my kids are a bit older than your's, but I'm sure someone will come back to you soon.

kangomik
      BREATHE...... slow down... your in Australia....... Enjoy a lot

driversara@hotmail.com
      Thanks KP. Do you ever go down to the Surf club at Moana?

cazandbrad
      were still in rainy england at the mo but as soon as were out would love to meet up my boys will be 10 and 8 but my little girl will be 6 were looking at seaford rise aswell!
      caroline xxx

driversara@hotmail.com
      I know but just want to start living again and fill that empty hole that I left behind. I will breathe though. Good idea! Thanks.

driversara@hotmail.com
      Hiya! Has been raining loads here since we arrived.........................I am assured its unusual!! Have you thought about schools yet? I would love to meet up when you get here. Keep in touch in the meantime and I will find out anything I can for you. You can PM me on driversara@hotmail.com.

Title
      Liked
      254 times
      Rep
      Friday evenings at moana surf club are lovley - foods good, beers cheap and people will chat to you.
      Welcome to Adelaide - get your bearings and breathe out now - after the madness of getting here lol

driversara@hotmail.com
      Are kids allowed?

Title
      Liked
      144 times
      Rep
      hi, kids are always welcome, also Nippers is starting soon which im sure your son will enjoy....nippers is basic life saving training for the kids, teaches them about the sea like how to spot rips and how to get out...great for meeting new friends. just ask at the
      SLSC when you nip down for friday night tea ;)

Jo

p.s grace should be able to give it a go as well
      Last edited by jomark; 04-09-2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: extra
      Mark 40, Jo 37, Jamie 10 and harry 5 :0)

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums