Hello - yes another Newbie!

Guest Gotooz

Guest Gotooz

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum but have been around on the 'other' Adelaide Forum. Probably can't mention it by name! ;) I recognise some of you from there!

To those I haven't met before, we are a couple with one child and are are applying for a SIR495 and have just sent off our skills assessments.

Guest Guzzler&Sas

hello welcome, welcome. We moved here about 15 months ago from just up the valley from you - Pontypridd! Missing rugby union but made the most of the easter weekend and the world sevens in adelaide - how awesome! But LOVE everything else. Husband making do with Aussie Rules ....

;)

hello hello and welcome!

i thought i recognised that name ;)

firstly good luck with your assessment and that you'll have it back quickly!

how old is your child? and how did you find adelaide on your trip over??

Guest Gotooz

Hello all, thanks for your kind replies. :)

In answer to your questions, our little girl is 7 and a bit wary of having to start a new school and make new friends, but happy to be moving to Adelaide in general.

We were In Adelaide in April - after visiting family in NSW. We didn't go to the sevens but were in town at the same time! We loved the city and spent as much time as we could driving round areas to work out where is best for us. We also had some day trips out up into the Adelaide Hills, Victor Harbour and Fleurieu Peninsula. At the end of our stay we drove to Melbourne via the Ocean Road, which was fab.

Our skills assessments are going to take ages - the ACS quote up to 12 weeks and the Vetassesss 8 weeks. :eek: So I'm going to be hanging about for a while biting my finger nails. LOL.

Glad to meet you all!

Guest ralph n bev

Hiya,

gotooz , I too spend most of my time on the custard court , but pop in here now and again , to see if theres any interesting info flying about .

I just dont seem to be able to cram enough stuff about Adelaide into my already crammed brain :confused:.

Bev

Hiya,

gotooz , I too spend most of my time on the custard court , but pop in here now and again , to see if theres any interesting info flying about .

I just dont seem to be able to cram enough stuff about Adelaide into my already crammed brain :confused:.

Bev

I know EXACTLY what you mean Bev !!!:D

Guest Gotooz

Hi Dglamore, Weez and Ralph and Bev - I know you all from the 'other place'. ;)

I only found out about this forum the other day. Ironically it was another member on the place which is not to be mentioned who told me!

As you say Bev, it's a never ending task to find out about all things Adelaide and Oz. :rolleyes:

I should be at the supermarket right now and instead I'm on here. LOL.

Speak to you soon

N

Guest Gotooz

Hi Sarah (smartiepants!) and Tyke!

Yup, I know you too! This is like going to a new pub and finding half the regulars from your local in there!

Nice to see you all over here. :D