Poms in Flaggy!

Guest Traci5

Guest Traci5

Hello All,

New to this site....been looking at it for a while and thought I would start adding my own opinions to it.

We are poms living in Flagstaff Hill and loving it..it is tough at times but the people are great and sooooo welcoming.

Enjoy it...you only live once!!!

hello traci and welcome!

you've come to the right place ;)

so, how long have you been there? how did you end up in that area? how big is your family? which skills did you go over with? have you found good jobs yet? was it difficult? ...

well, i guess by now you are realising what you've started ;)

Guest Traci5

hi Mozzy,

We got here in Sept 06...we ended up in Flaggy as I had arranged a rental from England here and fell in love with the area. We are myself, John my Partner and 4 boys. 3 of whom go to Flaggy and the other goes to Woodcroft College. John is a Plumber and we got over on his quals on a PR. We both have jobs ...mine is excellent. For a great company and John's will do for now!! ( see other replies). My job wasn't hard to find but then apparently there are 4 accountancy jobs per accountants here...Johns story is however a whole different story.

Hope I answered all your questions!! Any more for any more????

Traci

hello traci!

first i thought 'woheyy' another one getting up as early as we do but the ni realised 'doh' she's in adelaide, of course she's awake!!

thanks for you details alwasy nice to know who you are 'talking' to.

i've started a course for accountancy but haven't got anywhere yet! (2 small children, wedding, emigration don't leave much time for other things) - but i might look into it to carry on with my course in oz (i think to remember my course can be transfered to oz - it's distance learning so i guess they'll have training centers there too) - your post shows the job in a very positive light :)

i hope john didn't have too big problems in finding a job for himself?!?!

how do the kids like school/college?

Guest theshearers

My job wasn't hard to find but then apparently there are 4 accountancy jobs per accountants here....

Hope I answered all your questions!! Any more for any more????

Traci

Thats interesting to know traci as I too am an accountant! did you use agencies to find work?

Vicki

Guest Traci5

I came fresh from College in England and so didnt really have much experience so applied for a few jobs myself and also through agencies....most large companies tend to use agencies to recruit...I had a couple of interviews and then offered myself to do temp work , thinking it was a good way just to get my foot in the door. I got a placement at the company I work for now and haven't looked back since. The finally took me on a permanent contract in June.

My advise would be to apply for everything you see and you should have no problems...there are always accountancy jobs being advertised and most offer very good rates of pay. www.seek.com.au is an excellent website for job hunting as is www.careerone.com.au

Happy hunting.:) Traci