Hello all

Guest donna T

Guest donna T

Hi there

We are Donna and Russ 9along with Josh 4 and Izzy 22 months) counting the days until we get that shiny sticker in our passports!

Our visa was applied for about 3 weeks ago after getting police checks and medicals through so fingers crossed for a Feb / March departure. Luckily have sold the house to a friend of our neighbours (fingers crossed it all goes smoothly).

Hope to talk to you all over the next few months

:)

Donna

x

Guest dglamoore

Hi Donna

You are aiming to go a similar time to us! We are hoping to be in Adelaide around March/April if visas are through in time.

Good luck with the visa :D

Lisa

Hi Both

I am new to this site! Our TRA results due back any time....its been with the TRA since 11th Sept - starting to panic but our agency said its normal - do you girls agree?? :(

Interesting that you have already requested PCs & Medicals - my agency said they would advise us to do these but not yet. Are you processing your application yourselves?

My OH is a painter & decorator, we have 2 boys aged 10 & 6 yrs - looking forward to a healthier, happier, fun life in SA!! Visited Queensland & NSW earlier this yr, had a fab holiday!

Good luck both

Angela

Guest donna T

Hi Angela

We are with an agent so have left everything in their hands (!)

Our TRA seemed to take forever, from what I can remember there was a maximum processing time and our okay came through about 2 days before the maximum time was up (just can't remember what that was tho').

Spoke to our agent yesterday who said that so far no one since June (IE on the new on-line process) had yet received their visas - does anyone know any different?

Good luck with the TRA

Donna

Guest dglamoore

Hi Angela

We too had to go through TRA back in July. Ours took 18 working days to come through from acknowledgement (2 days short of the deadline) but seemed forever when we were waiting :D

We are using an agent - Go Matilda. We got our sponsorship from SA in September and the visa application went in online 4th October. Our agent was fine about the meds and said to book them November sometime and police checks could also be sent for so all booked :lol:

Greg is a metal polisher and I am a web designer. We are both self employed and setting up our businesses again in Adelaide. We have a 4 year old daughter who is telling everyone she is going to oz :D

Lisa

Guest donna T
We have a 4 year old daughter who is telling everyone she is going to oz :D

Lisa

Hi Lisa

Know what you mean - our 4 year old son has told everyone at school he is going to Australia and you musn't throw your food on the floor there because of the spiders and ants!! They do make you laugh

Hi Donna / Lisa

ITS POSITIVE !!!!

We received the call from the agency last Monday & a copy of the letter on Tuesday.......I am now sort of de-stressed.

SA Sponsorship has been done online by the agency, Friday I think. My OH Ashley who is the main applicant, painter & decorator, had to sign the form which the agency should receive on Monday.

I think this bit takes about 28 days.......is this true?

The visa paperwork is with the agency ready to go once SA sponsor us. Does anyone know if they ever refuse sponsorship?

I also need to ask the agency about medicals & PCs as nothings been booked yet.

By the way what is visa aknowledgement? Is this when DIMIA receive the application & confirm back to you? I just wondered as most people are getting meds / PCs after this has been received? Questions, questions.................at some stage I need to think about selling the house!

I think that I am still a little nervous & perhaps I still think that we may be turned down for the visa! but everyone else on-line is so positive! Help..........

Regards

Angela :D

Guest dglamoore

HI Angela

Congratulations - it is the best feeling isn't it when you get that YES :lol:

Our sponsorship took 29 days to come back accepted. I have heard of a few people that did not get sponsorship - one for insufficient funds and a couple for not enough research but your agent should make sure you are on the right track.

We asked our agent to submit our visa application online as it supposed to be quicker. Our visa was done on the 4th Oct and we sent for our police checks about 3 weeks ago and have our meds booked for the 13th Nov. Hopefully this means we will be ready when they need the info :D

God luck with the sponsorship :D

Lisa

Hi Lisa

I have just emailed OE the agency to ask them whether we will progress with meds & PCs if the sponsorships successful.

I'm paying them a lot of money so don't want to just sit back, if I can be in SA sooner rather than later - great!

I have a house to sell though first, so we will have to do this post Xmas. Difficulty is 2 of my friends are interested & this may sound great but its difficult as I just have to look at it as a business deal!

Are you selling up?

Angela

Guest dglamoore

We are lucky in that we sold our house earlier this year and now live in rented as we knew we would be moving. So no house selling worries plus we get a rental reference :D

We were the same as you. As each stage went in we had the next ready so could move along quite quick. Our agent advise waiting about 6 weeks after application went in to book medicals and we tried to time the police checks to be back at about the same sort of time.

Will keep you updated :D

Lisa

You are so organised! I could never have sold up that early - can I ask what made you certain that you would be accepted, also is your visa the SIR495 or perm residency?

Like you say I am the end chain in the house sale, but the person who currently wants it has a house to sell & in turn their buyer etc will have perhaps. Its really difficult to know whens best to sell.

I think I still can't believe that we are 'almost' there - I think once we have the sponsorship sorted, I will be more relaxed (except the medical) but I am thinking now that this will be ok since we last spoke!

Angela

Guest donna T

Hi Angela

Congratulations on getting the TRA okay - it is such a relief isn't it?

Our SA sponsorship took about a month in all although they had bought out a new form (80) in the middle which extended it a bit.

I think they want you to show how much you know about SA and what you can bring to the area. I wrote some blurb and my agency (Overseas Emigration in Edinburgh) checked it and told me which area to expand on - they know the score.

We have sold our house in theory although the people buying from us (friends of freinds) have yet to sell theirs so I guess anything could happen.

A few weeks after we submitted the main visa we were advised by DIMIA to go ahead with PC and Meds as they had had a premilinary look at the application - we took that to be quite positive so we went ahead with everything.

Best of luck wih the SA sponsorship and keep us informed

Donna

Yes its a great relief! I was starting to lose sleep over not having received the result.........one part of me thought they would ask my OH Ashley to go back to college but luckily he passed!

The sponsorship was requested last week, although I had to post a signed document from my OH on Friday which they would have received today - I think this is sent with some other evidence that OE have requested from us & collated.

A couple of friends are interested in our house, we have agreed to talk 'money' post Xmas I don't think much will happen before - do you think this gives us enough time ???

I need to get more positive!!! :!:

Angela :)

Guest dglamoore

Hi Angela

How long did your TRA take and did you get an acknowledgement letter? A friend of mine applied nearly a month ago and have not heard a thing yet.

When we sent ours we had an acknowledgement within a few days and got a pass within the 20 days they had quoted - just :D

Lisa :D

Hi there

Having chased the agency, the result was issued on the 9th Oct from the TRA - I think they sent it to them around the 11th Sept.

The agency chased the TRA around the 13th Oct & they said they would not discuss it over the phone but that the result had been issued & was on its way!

I emailed the agency again & they said they were happy to wait until around the 20th Oct before they contacted the TRA again. God knows why it took so long to get to the UK but all in all I would say it was 26 working days in total.

Ashley received the call on Monday 16th Oct from the agency & a copy of the letter arrived with us the following day.

Who is the main applicant Lisa on your visa you or your OH?

Angela :)

Guest dglamoore

Hi Angela

You can send a blank email and get the visa processing times back. You just go down the list to offshore visa section and it tells you the processing times for visa types. It is updated every Tuesday but sometimes does not change for a few weeks :D

Have sent you pm with email address in. Let me know if anyone else wants it.

Lisa :D