Help! I am in a panic

Guest hemble

Guest hemble

Hi Everyone,

Please could somebody advise me if my visa application will be rejected.

I shall give you a breif summary of the my situation:

My girlfriend has managed to secure a job for a government agency that looks into preventing grape vines from being effected by viruses, ect. She moved to Adelaide 10 weeks ago and I have decided to go and join her. Her company has written a letter to say that I would like to be a secondary applicant on her already granted long stay temporary business visa.

The problem that I have is that I have applied as a dependan de-facto spouse. The problem I have here is that my girlfriend has been working in Copenhagen for 2 years whilst I worked in London and I cannot prove that we are in a relationship. I have asked both our parents to write statements that say we have been in a loving relationship for the last 2 years.

Anybody had an experience like this and managed to be successful with their application?

Thanks again in advance for your help! I really appreciate it.

Hem

Hi,

I dont know if i will be any help as I am married and so situation is different, but as my wife is Chinese and we spent 8 months apart did look into this a little bit. There needs to be as much proof as possible that you maintained a relationship while seperated, phone records that show you phoned Copenhagen, any e-mails or letters exchanged and details of any travel between London and Copenhagen. Statements from parents are good but may need to be backed up by some proof of contact.

I hope this helps a little

Simon

Guest hemble

Thank Soggy!,

I supplied phone details of us being in a relationship and also some flight tickets of me going to Copenhagen and of my girlfreind coming to visit me in London. I have emails for the last 8 months as well. When I submitted my request I added extract from phone bills and flights.

So, even though we both were apart, the imigration officer will look at how we both communicated with each. Do you think my girlfriend company requesting me to be a secondary applicant will help?

Thanks Simon

Hem

Thank Soggy!,

I supplied phone details of us being in a relationship and also some flight tickets of me going to Copenhagen and of my girlfreind coming to visit me in London. I have emails for the last 8 months as well. When I submitted my request I added extract from phone bills and flights.

So, even though we both were apart, the imigration officer will look at how we both communicated with each. Do you think my girlfriend company requesting me to be a secondary applicant will help?

Thanks Simon

Hem

Not sure, as I understand things most visas are for one person and then their spouse or de-facto spouse and dependents, these are secondary applicants. As I recall one of the sections on visa applications asks for information on spouse and dependents and asks for reasons why they are not joining you in Australia, do you Know if you were mentioned on your girlfriends application, if not this may be a problem I really am not sure ,most of what I know relates to skilled visas and could be different.

It may be worth contacting employers in Aus yourself with a view to going out there on your own visa as a back up plan, you will be looking for work anyway and you can stay for at least 3 months I believe on a visit visa, so at least you have some options.

Im sure some more knowlegable people than me will be able to help you but at the moment they are all off camping in the East Midlands (or more likely in the pub) over the next day or two you are sure to get more replies.

Simon

Guest hemble

Hi Simon,

Not sure why she did not put me on the initial application. I was not going to go out as I have a very good job in London and wanted to stay in London longer but now have decided that its best to be with my girlfriend as the relationship could suffer in terms of contact.

Ok thanks for your help here. I may have to go on a tourist visa and see if a company is willing to offer me a job. I work as a business analsyt within banking. Do you think its worth talking to a migration expert?

Thanks

Hem

Hi Simon,

Not sure why she did not put me on the initial application. I was not going to go out as I have a very good job in London and wanted to stay in London longer but now have decided that its best to be with my girlfriend as the relationship could suffer in terms of contact.

Ok thanks for your help here. I may have to go on a tourist visa and see if a company is willing to offer me a job. I work as a business analsyt within banking. Do you think its worth talking to a migration expert?

Thanks

Hem

In your situation it is properly best, some do a free consultation, I have not used one myself but Go Matilda gets reccomended a lot on here, also employment agencies in Aus can be found on www.yellowpages.com.au.

Good luck

Simon

Hi Simon,

Sorry one last question. Do you think I would be wise to consult an emigration agent?

Thanks

Hem

yes i think it would be best, as i mentioned the agency "Go Matilda "gets a lot of recommedations on this site and offer a free consultation.

If you wait 24 hours the people already in Australia on this forum will give you their advice as well all those spending the day in the midlands drinking. Dont worry yet, where theres a will theres a way, dont you know:).

Simon

Guest hemble

Hi Simon,

Oh this is brilliant! You have really cheered me up. I feel a bit more at ease. I really really want to get to Adelaide. I need to make a go of my relationship as we have both been communting back and forth. I cant see my current application being succesful but I will live in hope!

It will be good to get more feedback as you mentioned and of course where there is a will, there is a way.

:D

Hem

Guest sarahsmartiepants

You could also try

http/www.migrationsolutions.com.au he advertises on the top of this page , he gives free consultations and he is here in Adelaide.

good luck sarah

Guest hemble

Sarah,

Many thanks I will send him a mail. Again I really do appreciate the assistance and if I am successful I would love you buy you and Simon a drink.

Many Thanks!!

:)

Guest dglamoore
You could also try

http/www.migrationsolutions.com.au he advertises on the top of this page , he gives free consultations and he is here in Adelaide.

good luck sarah

Cannot see any adverts at top of page for him :eek: does he pop up in the google ads sometimes?

Lisa:cool:

Hi Hem

Here's wishing you the very best of luck. I have had a similar situation to yourself. My partner of years is here in Adelaide on a SIR visa. We had been living together in the UK and in Spain for 12 months when we had news his visa had finally come through. I decided that I was very happy in Spain and would join him after the summer. As it turned out I missed him so much that I decided to go sooner. Unfortunately immigration (although proof was sent of our relationship ie phone records, us living at the same address etc) said that as he actually left without me and I had decided to stay longer in Spain

and although proof of phone records between me in Spain and him in Adelaide had been made twice daily they felt that the relationship had ended! They did however give me a tourist visa which granted me a 2 year stay. On the understanding that I am not allowed to work. So far I have been here a year and loving it (albeit extremely bored)!!!!!! I have been to see Mark Glazbrook at migration solutions in Adelaide and he has been extremely helpful. I am in the process of trying to get my visa changed as now that I have been living with my partner here in Adelaide for 12 months they now deffinately see that we are de-facto!!!!!!! Don't give up though I've been unlucky but I really do believe it depends which officer you get and what kind of mood they are in! Again though I would recommend Migration solutions in Adelaide because they are extremely helpful and will do all they can!

Good luck

Cathy