new family for adelaide??

Guest ladybird

Guest ladybird

Hello, we're the wilkins and are considering the big move. We shall be in adelaide in feb 2007 to have a look and make our big decision so any advice on what to do, where to go etc. would be great. We are going to try to do it as much like living there instead of been a tourist although we will be :)

Hope to hear from you all soon :)

Guest Guest75
Hello, we're the wilkins and are considering the big move. We shall be in adelaide in feb 2007 to have a look and make our big decision so any advice on what to do, where to go etc. would be great. We are going to try to do it as much like living there instead of been a tourist although we will be :)

Hope to hear from you all soon :)

Hiya.

You do right in trying to live the life here instead of a holiday.

Talk to as many people as possible - even striking up a conversation in the supermarkets is easy here.I'm sure you will meet plenty of ex-pats - just listen for the accents.

Try and narrow down the suburbs that you like,this might be affected by your profession.

Call into the real estate agents in the areas you are fancying - some gave us a little tour when we were looking.

Consider opening a bank account here,it will be a lot easier to transfer money from the UK.Just pop $20 in.Your passport should be enough ID.

I'm sure I'll think of more and be back later

Guest dglamoore

Hiya

You will have to let us know your views on Adelaide when you get back.

We are arriving the end of April providing we get the visa ok but this will be the first time we see Australia and will be for good :shock:

Lisa :D

Guest ladybird

Your first time in oz!!! How scary :shock:

We went to sydney, cairns and perth for honeymoon but most people raved about adelaide been the best place to emigrate to and having looked into it more it really seems like our kind of place so we shall definately tell you all about it on our return

vx

Guest ladybird

Thanks for those tips tyke.

We are planning on going to some estate agents and also i would like to arrange to visit some local hospitals as i'm a midwife. No point going ahead if i don't like the workplaces!

Which hospitals are local to the city? I don't mind commuting but until we get there i've no idea how local, local is!!

Thanks again

Guest Guest75
Thanks for those tips tyke.

We are planning on going to some estate agents and also i would like to arrange to visit some local hospitals as i'm a midwife. No point going ahead if i don't like the workplaces!

Which hospitals are local to the city? I don't mind commuting but until we get there i've no idea how local, local is!!

Thanks again

From the south - which seems to have a higher intake of people from the UK.

There is Noarlunga Hospital,but that is only a small affair.If I have to be ill I choose the next hospital.

Flinders Medical Center is the largest one in the South.Plenty of people from the UK working in there .

In the City there is the Royal Adelaide Hospital which is a huge place.

Cheers

Guest Guest75
There is also the Queen Elizabeth Hospital which is in Woodville. That's where I'm going to be next week. :roll:

Hiya Michelle.

Just realized who you are - in another forum ;-)

The "Cults,sheep and knee licking" thread is just a bit of fun BTW.We did meet a great crew last night :-)

Best of luck for next week.

:)

Hi Tyke

Yes I know - all good fun. TBH I haven't a clue what you're talking about on that particular post! :lol: :P

Who did you meet with? I've met lots of people from the other website, some nice, some not so nice - that's life. Hopefully we'll get to meet soon and you are nice people - it will have to be after my op unless you are going to the Seaford meet on Wed.

Michelle