7 mths to the day

Guest angiestaff

Guest angiestaff

i know it's not as long as some people but me n hubby have been in adelaide 7 mths!!:jiggy:i can't believe that its gone this quick and that we're 7 weeks from christmas....or more importantly my parents coming out to see us!

we have had our ups and downs and are no-where near getting financially sorted but we wouldn't go anywhere. even the fact that i'm on a night shift as i type this doesn't dampen my mood! lol

hubby is starting casual work now and his permanent start date will be at the end of the month, and then the order for his triumph m/bike will be placed b4 christmas so he's happy!!.... and we're off to glenelg 2morrow to celebrate his birthday, our first milestone away from friends and family.

wishing everyone well, ange x

Guest thekings

Nice one Angiestaff, I fell off my chair reading your post about Christmas only being 7 weeks away lol. I also read with interest that your OH is ordering a Triumph soon. We are hoping to be in Adelaide by Easter time and I am bringing my Triumph with me. He should have his Triumph well and truely run in by the time I get there with mine. Glad you're settling in ok.

Jon

Guest angiestaff
Nice one Angiestaff, I fell off my chair reading your post about Christmas only being 7 weeks away lol. I also read with interest that your OH is ordering a Triumph soon. We are hoping to be in Adelaide by Easter time and I am bringing my Triumph with me. He should have his Triumph well and truely run in by the time I get there with mine. Glad you're settling in ok.

Jon

what triumph are u bringing? hubby plans on getting a triumph america, hopefully b4 crimbo (and then he can show off when my mom n dad get here ;)), the bike will def' be run in by easter, will have to meet up and show u some nice bike roads (no doubt hubby will have found loads by then lol)

do u know yet what part of adelaide that ur gonna live? or is it pretty much depending on work etc..?

ange

Guest thekings

Hi Ange, my Triumph is a T595 Daytona, but the America is probably better for those lovely long roads is Oz, but mine will be good for all those twisties up in the hills, perhaps I'll have to treat myself to another bike when I get there depending on what type of riding I want to do (have been looking at off road bikes too, better make sure our new home has a big garage :biglaugh:)

Not sure where to live yet, depends on work when I get a job, but we quite like the look of the Blackwood, Aberfoyle, Happy Valley and Hallett Cove areas but until we get out there will try and stay open minded. Where are you guys and what's it like??

Guest angiestaff
Hi Ange, my Triumph is a T595 Daytona, but the America is probably better for those lovely long roads is Oz, but mine will be good for all those twisties up in the hills, perhaps I'll have to treat myself to another bike when I get there depending on what type of riding I want to do (have been looking at off road bikes too, better make sure our new home has a big garage :biglaugh:)

Not sure where to live yet, depends on work when I get a job, but we quite like the look of the Blackwood, Aberfoyle, Happy Valley and Hallett Cove areas but until we get out there will try and stay open minded. Where are you guys and what's it like??

we currently live in the west lakes area, it's a lovely quiet place and as the name suggests it's surrounded by beautiful lakes!. it's close to westfield shopping centre and 5 min drive to a few lovely beaches and also nice pubs/ cafes etc..

does ur 'better' half know that u have plans to purchase another bike when u get here??? ;)

ange

Guest thekings

Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! She nearly heard you :biglaugh:

Have dropped a couple of hints but I just get "that look"....yep you know the one!!! Used to have 2 bikes here so she's kind of used to it.....I think ;)

Guest angiestaff
Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! She nearly heard you :biglaugh:

Have dropped a couple of hints.....i can imagine ur hints, if ur anything like my husband i bet ur a subtle as a sledgehammer!!! lol:biglaugh:

but I just get "that look"....yep you know the one!!!.....i have no idea what look u mean!!! lol

Used to have 2 bikes here so she's kind of used to it.....I think ;)

maybe when she experiences the weather over here she'll be keener to get another one (but i wouldn't hold ur breath if i was you!;))..emigrating is an expensive business!

where did u say u'll be working? excuse my memory (i have an excuse i'm typing this on my night shift at work, i work in acute mental health ward at the lyell mcewin hospital.... and we've had a bugger of shift 2nite! lol)

ange

Guest angiestaff
Not secured employment as yet as i wanted to wait till nearer the time to get a job. Am sitting IELTS this month then looking for a job about December time.

i'm sure you will have no problem finding a job over here, keep us all updated on your progress :)

ange