Hi to all who are just starting the process..

Guest the warburtons

Guest the warburtons

:jiggy:Hi, we arrived in Moana 12 weeks ago and we LOVE it ! It seems ages since we first started the process and yes it was daunting and the paperwork seemed endless but boy has it been worth the wait !. No matter how stressed you may get etc, dont give up. I wish we had done it years ago.

good luck to you all.....

:jiggy:Hi, we arrived in Moana 12 weeks ago and we LOVE it ! It seems ages since we first started the process and yes it was daunting and the paperwork seemed endless but boy has it been worth the wait !. No matter how stressed you may get etc, dont give up. I wish we had done it years ago.

good luck to you all.....

Glad you enjoying your new life. Its hearing all the good stories from those already there that keeps us lot going over here! Having just come back from reccie to see new house etc made us more determined to go now! Can not wait to get there full time next year!

Guest ralph n bev
Glad you enjoying your new life. Its hearing all the good stories from those already there that keeps us lot going over here! Having just come back from reccie to see new house etc made us more determined to go now! Can not wait to get there full time next year!

When we met you at the weekend and saw all your house plans and school info , we thought that you must have got your visa, now realising who you are ,from here, and seeing your time line, we can see you havn't. :shocked:

Are you not concerned that you may not even get the visa,for some reason , or take ages to sell your house over here?

Youve got guts !!

Once weve done the recci we may feel the same way as you , who knows, 3 and a bit weeks to go , not that im counting or anything!

Bev

When we met you at the weekend and saw all your house plans and school info , we thought that you must have got your visa, now realising who you are ,from here, and seeing your time line, we can see you havn't. :shocked:

Are you not concerned that you may not even get the visa,for some reason , or take ages to sell your house over here?

Youve got guts !!

Bev

Bev,

Maybe just a slight bit mad!!

No honestly we said that even if visa does not happen, the property would be a better "pension" making more money than any of the rubbish we get here in the UK laying out hundreds of pounds into a fund that at the end of the day the govt take a large slice and still screw you for more!. We saw it that either way if managed correctly we could not lose! Just have to make sure you research all the information available.

We have looked into selling our house and have been advised that should be no problem as the area we live in is good with regard to area, schools and quiet location. We will only ask the value and not over price which is usually the reason why houses do not sell.

Guest dglamoore

HI Guys

Glad you are enjoying it - although would be hard not to enjoy Moana :v_SPIN: have you tried the blue ocean cafe yet, they do a gorgeous sunday brekkie :jiggy:

Will probably bump into you at some point as we use the surf club down there and the drive on beach :D

Lisa :biglaugh:

Guest the warburtons

;)Hi Lisa

Yes we've been to the cafe- we moved in to our house in seaford 3 weeks ago and popped into the cafe for take away bacon rolls to keep us going !. I love the beach area there and still cant believe that we actually live here now and not on holiday.

Hope to see you on the beach, we will be the ones with smug grins on our faces walking around in wonderment !

Toni

Guest nikkiandlee

HI,

My boys are really keen to join a surf club they have done a bit here in Wales!

It does sound lovely, we are only just about to start our TRA, we are soo excited with the breif moment of Oh my god what are we doing:wacko:.

Look forward to walking along the lovely beach your describing in sunshine!!:jiggy:

Nikki

xx

Guest the warburtons
congratulations on your move!!!

how was the whole process for you? and how is the living where you are??

good luck with your 'new' life

Hi,

well when i look back, it seems that it wasnt so bad but i know in reality that there were days when we spent our whole day filling in forms and getting 'certified photocopies' done and stressing over the TRA and how we could go back over Richards work history of 20 years ( He's a chippie).But once the phone calls started telling us thet we were 'through' tyo the next round and then the next etc, it really snowballed and suddenly it was time to sell the house and get quotes for shipping our stuff over- do get a couple of quotes and i would suggest get ones from those companies who will actually come out to your house , not ones who want you to self assess and fax it over !! Once we had arrived, the aussies make things very easy, we bought a car in the 2nd week, new driving licences arrived in 10 days, all signed up for medicare on day 9, tax file numbers 3 weeks, got a house in 8 weeks and 1st home owners grant was easy all apporved and paid to us on completion of

house sale.!!! We live in Seaford, which we liked when we came over last year, its close to shops, banks schools and of course the lovely beach. If you want to learn to surf then theres a good surf club here and lessons are available to any age. Hope this helps you when you feel swamped by paperwork and those doubts start to creep in ( we had them momentarily- usually about 3am when i'd wake up panicking wondering what had we done and could we back out ! ) Glad we didnt, it will be worth it when you arrive and the words TRA, statutory declaration and sublass 136 are all a distant memory !

lots of luck

Toni:)

Guest the warburtons
congratulations on your move!!!

how was the whole process for you? and how is the living where you are??

good luck with your 'new' life

Hi,

well when i look back, it seems that it wasnt so bad but i know in reality that there were days when we spent our whole day filling in forms and getting 'certified photocopies' done and stressing over the TRA and how we could go back over Richards work history of 20 years ( He's a chippie).But once the phone calls started telling us thet we were 'through' tyo the next round and then the next etc, it really snowballed and suddenly it was time to sell the house and get quotes for shipping our stuff over- do get a couple of quotes and i would suggest get ones from those companies who will actually come out to your house , not ones who want you to self assess and fax it over !! Once we had arrived, the aussies make things very easy, we bought a car in the 2nd week, new driving licences arrived in 10 days, all signed up for medicare on day 9, tax file numbers 3 weeks, got a house in 8 weeks and 1st home owners grant was easy all apporved and paid to us on completion of

house sale.!!! We live in Seaford, which we liked when we came over last year, its close to shops, banks schools and of course the lovely beach. If you want to learn to surf then theres a good surf club here and lessons are available to any age. Hope this helps you when you feel swamped by paperwork and those doubts start to creep in ( we had them momentarily- usually about 3am when i'd wake up panicking wondering what had we done and could we back out ! ) Glad we didnt, it will be worth it when you arrive and the words TRA, statutory declaration and sublass 136 are all a distant memory !

lots of luck

Toni:)

nice reply - exactly what the doctor ordered ;)

i know you are right and once we are over we'll look back with a smile and say 'it wasn't THAT hard ...' - i just wish we were there already :wacko:

you make it sound all so easy with getting all the things done in oz; i am glad for you that at least something in the whole process was easy!

so how is 'every day life' now??

and have you got kids? if yes how old? and how are they coping?