oz citizen wanting to come back with fiance and our 4 kids

Guest brianlynnette

Guest brianlynnette

hi me and brian and 4 of our children are hoping to emigrate soon, i have just claimed my citizenship back as i was born in oz and our children all ahve citizenship by descent, me and the kids all have our oz passports now but the next stage is brians partner visa, has any1 emigrated in similar circumstances as im really stuck with the forms, we dont want to use a migration person cos of the cost, so were trying everything else haha, hope to be in adelaide a.s.a.p and were moving from kirkby in liverpool, coming over with no jobs planned but brian is a plasterer and my uncle is in the building game so hopefully something will come up there and im a proffessional, cleaner and barmaid haha would love to hear from anyone emigrating to adelaide and hope to see you all there soon x kids are aged 18,9,3,18 months our 20 yr old is staying behind with our grandson and her fella, which were gutted about but we know she'll soon change her mind when we go fingers crossed oh me and brian are 38 so need to get over there quick haha

Guest Aussie pat

Hello there

My husband came out on a partner migrant visa in November 2008. We did not use an agent. It all went fairly smoothly, but just like for all visas, there's a lot to wade through. You just work through it methodically and make sure you've given them everything they ask for. Sounds trite, but it's easy to miss things. Take your time, have a couple of passes through the forms before putting pen to paper.

As I'm sure you've already discovered the Dept of Immigration website gives you useful helpsheets and tick lists of information and documents you need to provide with your application, and if you follow them you should be OK.

We also found the London office very helpful with email queries - don't use the telephone, it costs a fortune. I can't remember exactly, but I believe their commitment was to respond within 2 working days, and we found that they did stick to that. Best to have a good luck through the forms and help sheets, list your questions and fire off all at once if you can, rather than doing it piecemeal, but of course there's no rule says you can't have more than one go.

Our situation was fairly straightforward and if yours is too, there's no reason to use an agent unless you find the whole process of paper shuffling, document collection and organisation of police checks and medicals etc too daunting.

One key aspect of the application is how you as sponsor of your partner will "support" him once you're out here, practically, emotionally and financially.

You'll also need people to make a statement basically vouching for your relationship, and there are a few other bits and bobs in addition to form filling, but I'm sure you know that already.

I hope that's of help. I suppose it boils down to deciding whether your situation is straightforward enough that you don't need an agent to negotiate the tricky bits. Then you just have to decide you're up for the paper chase, and the savings from not using an agent are a big incentive to do it yourself.

Best of luck

Guest brianlynnette
Hello there

My husband came out on a partner migrant visa in November 2008. We did not use an agent. It all went fairly smoothly, but just like for all visas, there's a lot to wade through. You just work through it methodically and make sure you've given them everything they ask for. Sounds trite, but it's easy to miss things. Take your time, have a couple of passes through the forms before putting pen to paper.

As I'm sure you've already discovered the Dept of Immigration website gives you useful helpsheets and tick lists of information and documents you need to provide with your application, and if you follow them you should be OK.

We also found the London office very helpful with email queries - don't use the telephone, it costs a fortune. I can't remember exactly, but I believe their commitment was to respond within 2 working days, and we found that they did stick to that. Best to have a good luck through the forms and help sheets, list your questions and fire off all at once if you can, rather than doing it piecemeal, but of course there's no rule says you can't have more than one go.

Our situation was fairly straightforward and if yours is too, there's no reason to use an agent unless you find the whole process of paper shuffling, document collection and organisation of police checks and medicals etc too daunting.

One key aspect of the application is how you as sponsor of your partner will "support" him once you're out here, practically, emotionally and financially.

You'll also need people to make a statement basically vouching for your relationship, and there are a few other bits and bobs in addition to form filling, but I'm sure you know that already.

I hope that's of help. I suppose it boils down to deciding whether your situation is straightforward enough that you don't need an agent to negotiate the tricky bits. Then you just have to decide you're up for the paper chase, and the savings from not using an agent are a big incentive to do it yourself.

Best of luck

hi aussie pat thanks for that, i was starting to think our situation was a 1 off, youre the only oz citizen i can find on here thats gone back haha, thank you you've give me the courage to look thru the forms again, i have been scouring the internet that much my eyes hurt, i have sent the immigration that many emails asking diffrent things haha, its just knowing were to start, did you organise your own medical for your hubby or do they tell you who to go to when you submit your visa form thanks for replying xx