Finally - hi all!!!

Guest Skippy

Hi all,

just wanted to introduce ourselves to you! Been viewing PIA since Oct 2008!!! It's been a fantastic source of info and advice!! I'm Anna,OH Paul and 4 daughters Beth (12) Eve (11) Jess (9) and Mae (5). Flying 1.2.10 and feeling a mixture of excitement and terror - but can't wait! Should complete on house sale after christmas - touch wood!!!!! We're moving into a short term rental in Sheidow Park. Could anyone advise of the local primary and secondary schools? My kids are convinced it'll takes weeks to place them - I hope this isn't the case!!! My eldest is a little shy and shed lots of tears last night. She takes time to make friends but from what I've read it seems to work out in the end? Be great to hear from any of you!

Thanks Anna

Hi Anna

We're not too far away (Christies Beach) and have been amazed that everytime we went to view a school/kindy, there are always places available and the staff are always really helpful, answering all our myriad questions.

Our 4-year old son started kindy pretty much as soon as we chose one and has got his school place sorted for July at Port Noarlunga. He settled in straightaway, so am sure your kids will be fine.

Catrin x

There's a primary school and kindy in Sheidow Park, you should be able to walk to it, Sheidow Park isn't very big. We're moving there next week, give us a shout when you arrive and we'll meet up.

Phil

I would wait until you have had a look around to see where you want to be long term before deciding on schools. We looked for schools (amongst other criteria) while we were in short term and then moved to our chosen area. It would save uprooting your girls twice. Good luck. We are also fairly close to Sheidow in Woodcroft.

I would wait until you have had a look around to see where you want to be long term before deciding on schools. We looked for schools (amongst other criteria) while we were in short term and then moved to our chosen area. It would save uprooting your girls twice. Good luck. We are also fairly close to Sheidow in Woodcroft.

I agree, we came over with wanting to get our kids in woodcroft primary or mclaren vale as these are the two areas, from not having visited, seemed to get good reccomendations but there werent any houses/rentals (in our price range anyhow ) in mclaren vale and having our short term rental in nearby morpett vale(just down the road from woodcroft school it seemed just as a busy area that we left uk from and when we travelled round we landed a rental(luckily) but in moana and sent them to moana primary in seaford after school shopping the other seaford schools. kids are happy and seem settled we are near the sea (can hear it on an evening) and relaxed. Have a good look round and your kids will get new friends easier than you think. My eldest is/was also rather shy and being here has brought out his confidence in such a good way. Have a short list and somewhere will just feel right. Cu an a few weeks

hth a little?

kathx

Guest Farrows

Hi just wanted to say hello we moved to Hallett Cove 18.9.09 have 2 boys Alfie 8 and Charlie 4 both enrolled at schools and kindy quickly and started after the october 2 week half term both very happy and settled really quickly !!

Good luck with the move and we are not that far from you when you arrive so if want to meet for cuppa etc give me a shout!!

Love Becki x x