Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Bluenose

Thread: Just found this site and it looks alright ;-) and

Gumeracha (Adelaide Hills)
      94 times

Just found this site and it looks alright ;-) and

Hi there

My wife actually found this site while surfing the net....it's about as close to "surfing" as we'll both get as there's MASSIVE sharks called white pointers in the sea here in SA. Watch the movie JAWS and you'll get the idea So don't say you've not been warned ;)

We both thought that this would be a good place to increase our circle of friends while helping newly arriving English folk settle into this new chapter of your lives. I arrived when I was 16 so I do have a very good understanding of just how big a step this is for some of you to make.

Anyway....I've been in Adelaide for 23 years now....ex Geordie from South Shields (Tyne and Wear) so don't let that scare you off ;) We live in the glorious Adelaide Hills in a small country town called Gumeracha which is world famous (so they say) for it's GIANT Rocking Horse (Guiness book of world records stuff) which incidently doesn't actually rock! It's about 42kms from Adelaide CBD which is where we both work. I'm currently employed as an International Student Advisor...which basically means I'm the first point of contact for current or newly arriving International Students from all corners of the globe.

My main hobbies/interests are following EVERTON FC and cycling which is considered the new "golf" for guys who's knees and backs aren't quite the same as they were 20 years ago. So please feel free to contact me if you're a keen cyclist.

** Serious voice part ** Some of you will settle in with no problems at all but some will find that it's not exactly what they'd hoped it would be. What I do know is that nearly everyone at some stage will have doubts about whether it was the right thing to do.....Both Lisa (my wife) and myself hope that we can make your intial arrival as positive an experience as possible.

Please feel free to add us to your friends list...as we'd love to be a part of your "sea change".

Debbie likes this.

Hi John, welcome to the site, I have made some great friends on here who have replaced my friends in the UK and they are all wonderful people who I feel I have known for a long time! You will be of great help on here and will also meet plenty of friends.

The Dimmocks
      Hi, Welcome to PIA. We are hopefully making the move in February. Just need to get flights booked when savings hit our bank account. My husband has managed to find a job which is great, it will be based in the Port Adelaide area so we will be looking around their for somewhere to rent when we arrive.

Seaford Meadows, Adelaide, AUSTRALIA woohoo
      264 times
      welcome to the site and I am sure that your experience will be very helpful to all on here,

Hallett Cove, Adelaide
      578 times

Welcome to PIA!! Sounds like you had an excellent head start here!

I love the Big Rocking Horse...been there a few times!! Great place to live i would think!

If you wanna a beer....PM me

Daniel, 31 and Stephanie, 30, Arrived 30th April 2008 and LOVING IT!!!

Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums