Thread: meds

me again, anyone had meds at handsworth wood in birmingham recentley??? did the contact your g.p. for your medical records and history??

welcome to the forum! Can't help with meds in Brimingham as we had ours in Southampton but they did not contact our GP.

Lisa :D

Bex & Nick

We had our meds at Handsworth at start of Jan. They needed some additional info from my doctor because of an illness I had throughout most of last year. They give me a form stating what it is that is required from the GP and I then gave it to my GP.

They don't always need copies of your medical notes, but I was seeing a consultant until the day before the medical - fortunately have been signed off now (got told to go and have a good life! :lol: )

I could have let my GP send the notes directly to Handsworth but have had problems previously in getting copies of my notes sent from the GP to various places, so I went and collected it from my GP and then sent it on by reg. post to Handsworth. My GP charged 11 for the info too.

Oh yes, the other thing I had to supply was my latest cervical smear results which was a pain because my results had been lost in transfer between GPs when I moved 12 months ago!

Anyway, I've just had confirmation from Handsworth today that everything is in order and that the meds and X-rays have been couriered off to Oz.

I thought that the Docs at Handsworth were very efficient and reasonably priced too - 365 for medical x 2, X-ray x 2 and blood tests x 2.