count-down has begun!!!!

Guest angiestaff

Guest angiestaff

it is now 11 days until i have to pick up my mom, dad and brother from the airport, i'm getting that excited i may even have to give my brother a hug (and believe me i haven't wanted to do that for several years!!:biglaugh:)

i know i'm going mad with buying lots of food and booze but i just want to make sure we have stuff that they'll like, and i'm sure my hubby will want to divorce me by next weekend as i'll be on a mad one cleaning the house but .............I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM :jiggy::jiggy:(shall we take bets on how long it'll be b4 they start driving me mad???? lol)

ange x

p.s ...advise needed on places to take them........

Guest Wes Bloss

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. I give you 48hrs before you say something to yourself lol. My in-laws (or outlaws as we sometimes call them) are coming over in Feb, we were thinking of taking them to the beach (of course) and maybe some places like Bel Air Nat Park, Cleland & Mnt Summit, places to eat and drink are always good, and of course get those views in, what ever you do they will have a blast just being with you im sure!

Guest kangomik

Cudlee creek, Barossa and Mclaren for a quick taste of the local, Mount lofty on a clear day, one or two beaches (lets face it theres a few) Rundall mall sunday morning and have brecky down there. Monarto Zoo if you want to go all safari.

My biggest tip...... take YOUR time, they are usually shattered, and by draggin them around everywhere you wear them out really quickly.

Ask them what they want to see. More than likely they only came to see you, and sittin in the back of car is not what they had in mind.

Guest angiestaff
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. I give you 48hrs before you say something to yourself lol.

48 hours!!!....it may be sooner than that with my brother! lol, it'll probably be the first time one of them leaves the screen open and lets in a hundred flies! :arghh:

My in-laws (or outlaws as we sometimes call them) are coming over in Feb, we were thinking of taking them to the beach (of course) and maybe some places like Bel Air Nat Park, Cleland & Mnt Summit, places to eat and drink are always good, and of course get those views in, what ever you do they will have a blast just being with you im sure!

how long are ur family coming for and do you have them staying at ur house?, we had to stay with my parents for a month b4 we flew here and that went well with minimal arguments (although plenty of wine did help!!), so hopefully this will run as smooth.

ange x

Guest angiestaff
Cudlee creek, Barossa and Mclaren for a quick taste of the local, Mount lofty on a clear day, one or two beaches (lets face it theres a few) Rundall mall sunday morning and have brecky down there. Monarto Zoo if you want to go all safari.

My biggest tip...... take YOUR time, they are usually shattered, and by draggin them around everywhere you wear them out really quickly.

Ask them what they want to see. More than likely they only came to see you, and sittin in the back of car is not what they had in mind.

you make a good point there, often you can get carried away with too much enthusiasm and forget that they have just travelled halfway round the world. mind u i probably won't get a look in for the first few hours as mom n dad will be fussing the dogs! (it's true, i know my pecking order in this family! lol)

i haven't been to rundle mall on a sun am, is there anything specific on then?

ange x

Guest Jo&Phil

Have fun with the 'rellies'.

As to how long it will be till you are climbing the walls ..............wait till they have said 'isn't it hot?' for the 15th time when it's only 28 degrees.

I'm sure you'll all have a great time together.

Guest Wes Bloss
how long are ur family coming for and do you have them staying at ur house?, we had to stay with my parents for a month b4 we flew here and that went well with minimal arguments (although plenty of wine did help!!), so hopefully this will run as smooth.

ange x

-hi Ange - we stayed with my wifes parents for 6 months before we came out as we had sold the house and needed to save the money to get out here.

they are coming over in Feb to stay with us for 6 weeks+, we will give them our room with ensuite, WIR, etc and we will shack up in the meals room. cant wait:unsure:

:)

Guest kangomik

Ange Rundall Mall has a street market on in the east end, very small but a good excuse to get out and have a stroll, You can head to the botanic gardens from there or just stroll back down the city or off to elder park and around part of the lake laughing at the pelicans. It's a free thing really, but takes little effort, we have done it with our parents and they seem to love it. The kids use some energy up too. if you leave it a little later you can grab Lunch at the Tapp Inn just up the road a real talking point.

If you can remember the jet lag when you arrived, well they have this too but put a brave face on it, we walked Lou's parents every where on their first visit, then the jet lag on the home leg really hit them for 10 days, they did not look real good on SKYPE.

Guest angiestaff
-they are coming over in Feb to stay with us for 6 weeks+, we will give them our room with ensuite, WIR, etc and we will shack up in the meals room. cant wait:unsure:

shhhhhhh don't tell my mom that!!...i've told her she's in the spare room and there's no way we're giving up our new comfy bed and en-suite!! .....what a bad daughter i feel now........nahhh not really lol :biglaugh:

ange x

Guest angiestaff
Had my mum over for 9 weeks over last christmas, was very nice but 9 weeks was too long all parties agreed to this lol...

HG

ooh yeah 9 weeks does sound a tad too long! lol

3-4 weeks sounds the right amount of time 4 me ;)

ange x