Just wanted to say hello!

Guest mojojogo

Guest mojojogo

Hello! We are new to PIA, although we've been reading the threads for a while and love to know how everyone is getting on in Adelaide.

We are Mark and Jo, Jack 7 and George 4, from Redditch in Worcestershire. We started applying for our visas last year and our medicals have just been requested, which means we may not have too long to wait now! We are hoping to leave in November. That seems so soon after months of waiting and hearing nothing. After feeling like the waiting would go on forever suddenly it might all be happening in the next few months! AHH! :v_SPIN:

We are really excited about finally getting to Adelaide and the boys can't wait either, although I do feel really nervous and apprehensive at the same time! Is this normal? Does everyone feel this way too?

Would love to hear from anybody, especially if you are leaving for Adelaide in the next few months.

Jo xx

Guest mojojogo

Hi Simon

Thanks for your quick reply! It all seems to be moving really quickly now and there seems to be so much to do. But it's so exciting to be close to doing what we've been talking about for so long now!!!

Good luck

Jo

hello jo and family and welcome to pia!!

i know what you mean:wacko: - we are nowhere near moving just yet (we've only just sent our visa application off) - and already i sometimes think of the actual move and how it could be. with knowing nobody and nothing over there :nah:

but then i think of the things we hope to get out of it - we haven't been and probably won't go on a reccie - so it's all hoping really!

and of course great feedback of the people already out there :notworthy:

Guest mojojogo

We haven't been on a reccie either....but we've heard so many great things about the place , we can't wait to find out for ourselves.

The time really does go quite quickly..with having 2 young boys you just have to keep going as normal really but knowing that in not too long you've got this great thing to look forward to!!

Jo xx

Guest Django

4.gif to PIA.

Glad you finally popped in to say 'hi'. We won't be doing a reckie either and are planning to be out there in about 8 months though we are in no rush.

Pete

Guest dglamoore

HIya and welcome to PIA :v_SPIN:

Good luck with the last bit of waiting for the visa :D

We have been here 4 months now and came over without a reccie too :wubclub:

Lisa

Guest happy-jools

Hi & Welcome to PIA.

We havnt been on a reccie and prob wont go on one either. Not sure if thats a good thing or not, but were prepared to give another country a good try and hope for the best. Whats the worse thing that can happen. We dont like it or dont settle. We will come home.:nah:

We havnt got our visa, and they seem to be taking longer at the mo, so we prob wont go till next summer (english summer) next year.

:wubclub:

Welcome to the forum

We all seem to be in a similar position. Moving country is a nerve racking time, not knowing what you are getting yourself into, leaving behind job security and family ties.

For me at least, I have been through this process once before by moving from South Africa to the UK 10 years ago.

The main thing is to believe in your self and to believe you are doing the move for the right reasons.

We are about to visit Adelaide in Oct for a reccie, so we will post a thread on our experiences upon our return. So watch this space ..... :v_SPIN:

Cheers

Rory

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hello and welcome guys

What you are feeling is all perfectly normal and with young children, life just goes on really. We did not do a reccie because both Guzzler and I had travelled a far bit (i had visited Oz before but not Adelaide) and also the cost involved with children too, we decided to go for it and if we hated it, we could always come back.

15 months on we love it and have not looked back once. Watch out though, once your visa comes through, you think the hard bit is over, but then there is selling the house (and all the complications that comes with that), the removal companies coming in and packing you up, the goodbyes ...... :arghh:

Once you are in car on the way to the airport, there is no feeling like it!!!! Except the touchdown in Adelaide and your new life awaits you - and IT IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!

Good luck ...

Sas

:wubclub:

Hi Jo welcome, Ive only been on site for few days its g8, makes you feel your not alone in your quest. We went on recci for two wks, Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide, with out kids Ethan 9 Jacasta 8, the hardest thing was leaving the kids. We really liked Ad so have chosen that, if things change we will have to reassess. But it is the most scary:arghh:/ exciting thing we've done, we've also sold the house which I love, no visas yet!, and moving in with family for ??? But we believe its for the right reasons and if for some reason it does not happen well! We'll be gutted and have do something else. Good luck;)

Guest jen&ian

Hi Jo

Welcome to the forum. We are arriving in Adelaide on the 2nd of Nov I am manically preparing for the shippers at the moment. Our older two boys are 6 and 3 so fairly close to yours. Good luck with everything.

Jen:D