Hi to all

JHN5

Hi All

Been signposted to this Adelaide Forum from PIO by Tyke (Thank you Tyke!)

Very new to forums, so please bear with us until we learn the ropes.

We seem to have been on a roller coaster this year and with the announcement in Sept wasn't sure if we were going to make it. :( But then the OH did his usual daily check on the visa tracking site and we had been approved :notworthy: Think a slight OCD problem was developing with the checking of the site.

All of our research is going to have to be on the internet, books and what we can pick up from fantastic sites like this as we aren't able to go over for a recce.

We've already started looking at areas and have a few frontrunners already but if anyone can advise re distant researching the schools that would be really appreciated. We've checked out the links from the SA Gov site but there doesn't seem to be much info on there about the individual schools, unless of course I have missed it as I'm normally looking at the sites at some silly o'clock time.

Possible Areas

Hallet Cove

O Hills

S Park

Aberfoyle Park

G Valley

Trott Park

2 of the kids want to be near the beach and the other wants more rural.

Our timeframe: 2 adults, 3 children (11,10,8)

Vettasses Dec 08

Applied for SA SS Apr 09 received Jun 09

IELTS Jun 09

Visa Applied for Jul 09

C Officer appointed Aug 09

Meds/PC Sep 09

Visa Granted Dec 09 :)

Aiming to move at the end of the UK school year(if we can sell the house :err:).

Hi and welcome to PIA. We have found it really useful both whilst we were waiting to come over and since we have been here. We have two children aged 9 and 7, and we live in Hallett Cove and love it here. Both our children go to the R-12 school and have settled really well despite my initial fears of the size of the school (both came from relatively small village school) and everyone has been very welcoming.

Hope all goes well with your plans.

Julie

Guest Andrew Family

Welcome to PIA. Still new to the site myself but all are kind when silly questions asked, normally by me. Regarding distances, some kind person directed me to the RAA website. I have found it really useful as it gives distances and travel time. We also will be unable to go on a recce so by sharing your experiences will definately help us

Kind regards

Dawn

Hi and welcome to PIA. We have found it really useful both whilst we were waiting to come over and since we have been here. We have two children aged 9 and 7, and we live in Hallett Cove and love it here. Both our children go to the R-12 school and have settled really well despite my initial fears of the size of the school (both came from relatively small village school) and everyone has been very welcoming.

Hope all goes well with your plans.

Julie

Thanks for your reply.

We live in a village in Herefordshire and the two youngest go to our local village primary. The oldest started High School in Sept so we are hoping to find somewhere for them to get used to school life with lots of clubs and activities.

Hallet Cove has always appealed to us from the research we have done. How long does it take to get into the CBD from where you are?

Thanks for your good wishes.

Welcome to PIA. Still new to the site myself but all are kind when silly questions asked, normally by me. Regarding distances, some kind person directed me to the RAA website. I have found it really useful as it gives distances and travel time. We also will be unable to go on a recce so by sharing your experiences will definately help us

Kind regards

Dawn

Hi Dawn

Thanks for your message and the signpost to the website.

How are your plans coming along?

Guest Guest75

Ya made it!

Welcome to a very friendly and helpful forum :):):)

Lots of great people who will share their experiences with you - and support you in those moments of doubt.

Have a good rummage around the older posts,this site is becoming a huge mine of information on the move to South Australia.

Thanks for your reply.

We live in a village in Herefordshire and the two youngest go to our local village primary. The oldest started High School in Sept so we are hoping to find somewhere for them to get used to school life with lots of clubs and activities.

Hallet Cove has always appealed to us from the research we have done. How long does it take to get into the CBD from where you are?

Thanks for your good wishes.

By car we can make it in around 35/40 minutes. There is a train station in Hallett Cove(well 2 actually) that go into the city. Only used it once on a day out with the children but was good.

Regards, Julie

Ya made it!

Welcome to a very friendly and helpful forum :):):)

Lots of great people who will share their experiences with you - and support you in those moments of doubt.

Have a good rummage around the older posts,this site is becoming a huge mine of information on the move to South Australia.

Hi Tyke

Thanks for the signpost. I'm sure PIA will be really useful for us. :)

Welcome to the forum....its a great place with some colourful characters.

Lots of wealth of knowledge between all of us...ask away for any info....

Chill out, kick back and enjoy

HG

Hi and thanks for the welcome! :wubclub:

House going on the market next week. Hopefully the snow would have melted by then! OH got laptop hunch last night looking at all the Oz property sites and was uploading his CV to all the job sites he could find.

We're having the "when shall we book the flights debate" Validation date seems along way off but it will creep up on us.

Guest Andrew Family

Plans are in limbo as I need to finish my Postgraduate diploma before we can apply but due to hand in final work on 20 Feb 2010 and graduate 8 April 2010. The end is near are they say. I am in contact with Medicare and hopefully if all goes well may be offered sponsorship although not sure of the visa that we are going to apply for yet as I have reservations about being tied to an employer in case I have issues, although I have been with the NHS for 8 years. I work in Human Resources and without this job it does appear through reading this site that HR is quite difficult to get into withut the right contacts. My husband have verbally been told that he should be able to get a job with a security company as he used to work for in that line of work for a while.

So everything rides on my qualification so I had better get back to the books. Hope everything goes well. Why Hallet Cove? We were thinking of Brighton as my husbands potential employer is located there, I think there are good links to the city and the schools look ok. Any views?

Take care

Dawn

Plans are in limbo as I need to finish my Postgraduate diploma before we can apply but due to hand in final work on 20 Feb 2010 and graduate 8 April 2010. The end is near are they say. I am in contact with Medicare and hopefully if all goes well may be offered sponsorship although not sure of the visa that we are going to apply for yet as I have reservations about being tied to an employer in case I have issues, although I have been with the NHS for 8 years. I work in Human Resources and without this job it does appear through reading this site that HR is quite difficult to get into withut the right contacts. My husband have verbally been told that he should be able to get a job with a security company as he used to work for in that line of work for a while.

So everything rides on my qualification so I had better get back to the books. Hope everything goes well. Why Hallet Cove? We were thinking of Brighton as my husbands potential employer is located there, I think there are good links to the city and the schools look ok. Any views?

Take care

Dawn

Good luck with your studying :wubclub:

Hallet Cove - My cousin has lived in Adelaide for over 20 years and its an area she has recommended. We've got a few on our shortlist though and they are very similar to the list my cousin came up with. To be honest our shortlist will change quite a lot as we narrow down on jobs. We don't want a hour and a half commute. Schools are good and we think the area would suit us as a family.

Hope everything works out for you.