going to live the dream

Guest dean berridge

Guest dean berridge

Hi everyone

Just been for a long holiday in adelaide with my three children, wife and mother in law. I can honestly say we all absolutely loved it. We were strongly considering the move anyway but this sealed it for us. I applied on the free on line assessment and have been told that yes i can get a skilled visa through my trade. I have been in talks with a visa company Thinking Australia. Has anybody used these and if so any info would be greatly appreciated or if you've had a good service by another please tell. Any how a little about my self I am 36 married to Joanne for 11 years, have three wonderful children (most of the time) Chloe 10, Ben and Callum 7 yes twins AH. We live in Stoke-on-Trent, i work for a building maintenance company Kier as a Site Manager but am hoping to return to bricklaying when we get over to Oz, my wife is a Teaching Assistant at a primary school. My sister in law emigrated in April 09 and have never looked back and since i've seen first hand i can see why. All of us were blown away and instantly fell in love. :)

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi, welcome to PIA. We used Thinking Australia and the service we had was really good, they had been recommended by a friend who emigrated to Perth a few years. No problems, we dealt with Heidi and Sandy mainly and both really helpful and answered any questions we had.

We flying out on 7th February, we all excited just waiting to here if we been successful getting the On Arrival Accommodation. We got 3 kids, Georgina 4 and twins Jason & Toby 2. My hubby is a Joiner he managed to secure a job which we really happy about as one less thing to stress about.

We never been to Australia before and really looking forward to it. All the best in your visa application.

Michelle

Hi there,

We only made the move over to Adelaide in September 2009, but have so far loved every minute of it (except missing those people closest to us still in the Uk). My OH was working as a Site Manager in the UK and fortunately found work as a Site Manager here within a couple of weeks. We made contact with a few Adelaide Recruitment Agencies whilst still in the UK and set up appointments for when we arrived. We came over on a provisional skilled visa (OH is a Painter and Decorator by trade). We weren't able to do a reccie before making the move so everything is still pretty new at the moment but we are enjoying finding things out as we go along. We have found this site really useful.

Hope all goes well with you plans.

Julie, Richard, Ellie-May (9) & Charlie (7)

We used www.visabureau.com to help us get over there. Well worth the money, saved me a heap load of time and didn't make any mistakes. They give you good information and you just ring them up when you have questions.

Let us know how you get on - good luck.

Phil

Hi Dean and family, we've got a reccie booked for March and have spent hours and hours researching the web. We are from Stoke-on-Trent too, Tunstall - where are you from? Had a bad experience with a visa agent - PM me and I'll let you know what happened. We are now going to use a Relocation Agent, again, I'll explain how it works if you like. Take care and hope you're enjoying the snow! 42 degrees in Adelaide but with threats of bush fires .... Jane

Guest cazandbrad

Aup duck!!! fellow Stokie here :)

Were living in Cheddleton at the moment, thinking Aberfoyle Park/ Flagstaff or Seaford Rise!

We will hopefully be over there this year, just got to sell the house!! >:(

Where about are you thinking in Adelaide? Would be wonderful to meet with you, my two sons are the same age as yours and are a bit nervous about having no friends!

Speak soon :)

We felt the same when we did our recce last April, have just lodged our visa application after getting vets and SS out of the way first. It does take time but if you dont start you cant finish. We could be waiting to 2012 becouse of the current rules but hope not. Good luck and if you decide to do the process yourself and save a bit of money then its quite straight forward and there is always people willing to give advice.

Good luck.

Guest dean berridge

cazandbrad

Yeh sound good. We also are looking at Seaford Rise absolutely loved it just like being at home if you know what i mean. Have you been to Oz already? If not you will not be disappointed honestly we were there for three weeks and met so many people and friends for the children, my daughters got a best friend, ha ha. My sister i laws living at Seaford at the moment. Ps bit of anovice on this system! lol

Guest cazandbrad

Yes we did last year, didnt take the kids which i really regret but were only there 2 and a bit weeks and spent everyday looking at schools, houses so they wouldnt of enjoyed it! How was Adelaide in summer? We went in September was quite wet!

Yeah we fell in love with Seaford Rise and like Moana as well but also love Aberfoyle Park/Flagstaff because there was so much more land and more pools which would be a bonus!

What did your kids think of oz? Ours cant wait to go! :)

Guest dean berridge

hi

Yeh kids thought it was fabulous they said playing on the beach and body boarding was a bit boring..........NOT. They are so excited about our hopeful move. We went 5th dec to 3oth had rain for one day rest of the time 26-40 but at the hottest time only felt like it does in England when it really hot.... i know its hard to remember.

Had the agreement papers through today just need to sign and send them £1110 and all systems go. How long did it take for you to get you visa?

Like a said i think i'm going to go with Thinking Australia haven't had any bad reports.

Hope to hear from you soon

Guest cazandbrad

I regret not taking them so much! :( but they can spend the rest of their lives on the beach, bodyboarding and things as long as the bloody house sells!

Were waiting for the visa to be finalised, going through husbands work (police) had medicals though so should be soon! Started talks with the agent over a year ago! The waiting is the worse thing!

I bet Christmas was very different in oz, we may be spending our next christmas in oz fingers crossed!

Guest Andy&Andrea

Hi Dean, Joanne & Co!

We recently arrived in Adelaide & love our life here! Haven't heard of Thinking Australia..we used The Emigration Group for our application. They got the job done but it was expensive and in all it took 2 years to get the visa..which worked out fine for us. Andy is a brickie and since arriving has discovered he needs a builders licence to work as a subbie. To get the licence he has to comlete 2 short courses. But we've just been looking at 'careersone' website at jobs and there were jobs for site managers. I'm a teacher but not seen many posts for CSA's/ETA's. However, there are many posts advertised for private pre school and nursery placements & some in Montessori schools. Good luck in search and preparation...there's a lot on offer here...you just need the enthusiasm and commitment to do it!

Guest dean berridge

Hi

Spoke to a Brickie whilst i was there and he told me to give him a ring when i get over there, I could give you his number if you like to see if he could help you out with work?

Dean

Guest dean berridge

Yeh very different sand kept get on the turkey! Just been advised not to use the company i was going to use but hey ho! plenty more fish in the water contact Ian Harrop but he's down in London.

Dean

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hello there,

We used Australia visa bureau for UK and ireland, based in London, but all the same, with telephone, email and fax at our disposal all has gone well, money wise was quoted much the same as four corners who my sister in law used, so no complaints about either company, we have had no hassle only collating our paperwork which can be time consuming raking through the boxes of memories in the attic to find it all .. lol

Good Luck

Tanya John Callum and Owen