the roller coaster continues...........

Guest angiestaff

Guest angiestaff

since being here i have experienced a HUGE wave of emotions with many happy moments and some sad. well 2day i experienced a low time, and to be honest it bloody surprised me with how it knocked me for 6 (i knew i'd feel sad but bleedin 'eck :sad:)

my parents have been here 4 the last 3 weeks and 2day i had to take them back to the airport, saying goodbye to them felt like when we did it back in april. it made me think that i can't cope with feeling like this every time a family member flies home, but then what's the alternative........go back to the uk?? (no bloomin way! :shocked:) or make them all come over here??? (nah not too keen on that one either :biglaugh:)

i coped with it in the best way a woman can.........i went shopping!!!!!..handbags/blouses, all in the sale so i could justify it lol

a word of advice to anyone waiting for a visit from family.....be prepared for how hard the goodbyes will be, but to NOT focus on that whilst they're here and concentrate on the good things......hug 'em, laugh with 'em, HAVE FUN WITH 'EM!!!!

ange x

Guest angiestaff
My parents are due to arrive on Sunday. Staying with us for 4 weeks. Already getting wobbly when I think of saying goodbye to them again and they haven't even got here yet!

You are right though - trying to put the goodbye to the back of my mind and enjoy them being here.

Hope you feel better today.

Julie

thanks julie, i'm feeling ok, getting back to work makes everything feel 'normal ' again! ;)

gonna chill out 2morrow n fri and then back to work again the weekend :sad:

hope ur visitors enjoy adelaide and you get a chance to relax and enjoy urself (it can be a bit stressful for the 'hosts' when people descend on ur house! lol)

let us know how u get on, ange x

Hi Ange.

Know exactly how ur feeling. Took my parents to the airport on Tuesday after a 5 wk visit and felt worse than i did when emigrating. I suppose i had something to look forward to then.

Like u back to work at the weekend so hope things will start feeling a bit more normal then. All my daughter wants is to get back to school now. Suppose she just wants normality back to.

Your are right about enjoying every minute u can with them (even when ur dads winding ur daughter up lol). It goes to quickly.

Hope ur feeling better about things soon Ange.

Julie have a great time with ur parents and concentrate more on the here and now. Just think u've got that great moment at the airport to look forward to when ur picking them up. When my daughter saw my parents appear through the door on arrival she went running through the cordoned of area,it was so sweet. Not sure if u have kids to do that but if not u could always do it yourself lol.

Guest angiestaff
Hi Ange.

Know exactly how ur feeling. Took my parents to the airport on Tuesday after a 5 wk visit and felt worse than i did when emigrating. I suppose i had something to look forward to then. we were probably at the airport at the same time!!, how did u cope afterwards?...i went to westfield at west lakes and did some retail therapy (it was the only time my husband couldn't moan at me for buying another handbag! :biglaugh:)

Like u back to work at the weekend so hope things will start feeling a bit more normal then. All my daughter wants is to get back to school now. Suppose she just wants normality back to. yep being back to work certainly brings the normality back to life doesn't it? lol, so does having to clean the bathroom and loo after my 'guests' :biglaugh:

Your are right about enjoying every minute u can with them (even when ur dads winding ur daughter up lol). It goes to quickly. it certainly does go too quickly, hopefully that'll mean it'll go quick till the next visit

Hope ur feeling better about things soon Ange. same to you, xx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx