Hi were new

Guest bim

Hello guys,

Were new to site, its g8. We have just sold our house and are waiting for visas, we hope to be in Adelaide early 2008, scary:arghh: abit. We have two kids 8and 9 yrs. Going to get them to look at kids forum. We have dicided to live in Hallet Cove at the moment as we liked it when we went on a reci. Any advice, comments were to aviod good schools etc welcome. :D

Guest dglamoore

Hi Bim

Welcome to PIA :D Congrats on selling your house and good luck with your visa :wubclub:

Hallet cove has a couple of schools with R12 having one of the best reputations in Adelaide for schooling :o

What did you think of Adelaide when you came for your reccie? Always good to read what others did or did not like.

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Hi Lisa, We did a flying visit, Melbourne 2 days, Adelaide 6 and Perth 6. We really liked Ad because not to big, could get around ok public transport etc. We come from small town with not so good public transport. Very friendly in genral, liked the culture in the city, Hallet Cove felt like a town on its own due to positioning of road system which we like, we live on coast in the lake district at the moment so liked that aspect to. We drove down to Aldinga beach, up to Mountbaker and all in between, did not do much North. Glenelg and Brighton, Marino all lovely but we dont want to feel like were in the middle of suberbia, We also have dog so open spaces are good, cant think of any thing we disliked, were very easy going and dont expect things to be the the same as England (bonus). We looked at r12 school missed their open day by one day, but feed back from locals was good. 23_30_126.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxmk696YYGB

hello and welcome!!

soon it'll be your turn! so where are you staying atm since you've sold your house already?

are the kids excited?

sorry, can't help with schools - my kids are too little ;)

Hi bim,

I only joined the site myself last week, it is really good. i have 2 kids 5 and 9 and loved Hallett Cove, its lovely and quiet but still not too far away from the main areas.

My cousin lived in Hallet Cove and his kids went to the primary school there and said it was a really good school for being state run.

We have also sold our house (back in March) and are waiting on our visas, expected anytime between november and may!

Guest nikkiandlee

HI,

Ive been on this site for a month or so now and i can say its really helpful and everyone seem to be lovely :)

I have 3 boys 13. 10 and 7 we are hoping to be in Adelaide November 2008, just strating my TRA!!!!

Anyway welcome to this site and we hope it helps you along the way!

Nikki

x

36_1_55.gif Hello guys, Well we move out of house in sixish weeks to my mams mainly during the week and other family members on weekends, should all be good fun LOL36_1_59.gif. The kids are looking forwards to moving to oz most of the time, but its a big move leaving family n friends you see every day, so we are all talking about the good bits and the bits that arnt so good, theres no point in pretending guess we just try to be honest but reassuring at the same time. Any way thats the serious stuff done, I cant find the little smileys on this site that I used first can any one help?

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxmk696YYGB

Guest graandjac

:DHi Bim, welcome to pia you will find loads or great people here, agree with the kids thing we have tryied to be honest with them as they are old enough to understand, the same as yours 8&9. We were hoping to be there early 08 but there seems to be a general opion that there maybe some delays, caused by the sept changes but who knows ,just have to go with the flow. Good luck cheers Graham & Jacqui

Guest dglamoore
Any way thats the serious stuff done, I cant find the little smileys on this site that I used first can any one help?

Hiya

When you reply using the reply button to a thread they should be there for you to use unless you reply using the quick reply box at the bottom of the page and then they will not show :)

lisa:wubclub:

Hi Bim,

Welcome to PIA!!!!

I live in Hallett Cove and my boy who's 4 goes to Hallett Cove South. I chose this school because its small and friendly, just like the school I orginally had planned for him back in the U.K.

HC is a lovely place to live. We live just off the cove rd and have fantastic sea views. Also there's an esplanade that stretches past Marino which a fantastic walk ( or run, if you're mad) on sunny days.

The very best of luck on your emigration and look forward to reading your updates.

Judi x

Guest donna T

have lived in Hallett Cove for the past 4 months - my son (5) goes to Hallett Cove East and loves it - his reading has really come on and he has settled really quickly, made friends and seems very happy there. It is not as big as the R-12 but a bit bigger than HC South.

Good luck!

We