Looking to the future

Guest Rachel Summer

Guest Rachel Summer

Hi All,

My partner and I are looking into emigrating and we need some HELP please as it is early days for us. We currently live in Wales and I am paying a mortgage on my home, I currently work as a Police Community Support Officer (6 years with the police including admin work etc) and I have previous experience in customer services (jobcentre) and advertising (local paper) I also have a degree in Media and English as well as a counselling qualification with my local university. I am also a volunteer Trustee for Women's Aid in Wales and have done Counselling on the phone for Childline wales. He is a carpenter and has looked into working in Adelaide and has seen that there are many opportunities in this area.

I'm not sure where to start as I'm worried about whether I will be able to get work and a visa although I think Russ would be ok as he has a lot of experience in Carpentry and qualifications (city and guilds) he used to have his own business before the recession hit us.

We are both very outgoing and have visited Oz when we were younger (NSW) and loved the lifestyle. I just wondered if anyone with more experience had any comments for me. I am tryign to save as much as I can and have about 5000 pounds so far.

Thank you so much for reading..look forward to hearing from you.

Rachel

Guest Rachel Summer

Thanks Matt,

I live in Swansea at the moment but I went to Uni in London, I much prefer the way of life in Wales far less stressed (mainly) but its sooo wet and miserable at the moment and work is limited. I will look at the site when I'm back from work.

cheers :)

Guest Carolandcraig

Hi Rachel, as your still in the UK, it might be is probably worth doing a google search for migration agent and speak with them for their advice, we used visa bureau and were very good.

Guest Rachel Summer

Yay!! thats the spirit well done you guys its a complecated process.. i've completed some online migration forms..one says i'm eligible and one i'm not?? I think they cost around 1800 to process everything. Russ is 28 i'm 29 (nearing 30) and we have no kids yet. I can't think of a nicer place to bring children up.

well done again and take care :)