OMG we are doing it all again!!!!!

Guest bishop3912

Guest bishop3912

Hi everyone, some of you may remember me posting before, and kindly lent stuff out to us when we moved over to Adelaide in September 09. As those who had contact with me know, we had to unfortunately return to the UK in November rather rapidly due to a family member being ill and myself being unwell and some other personal things that had to be sorted out.:(

WELL we have taken the plunge again, sadly the family member passed away and was buried a few weeks ago:(, hubbie has several work opportunties that have produced themselves, so he flies out tomorrow on his own!!!:)

Me well I am stuck in Blighty with our 4 kiddies and a house to get half packed up, and all the sorting out and packing suitcases to do on my own, then in a couple of weeks time I too will be flying out ON MY OWN with the 4 kiddies arghhhhhhh:arghh:

Am just wondering has anyone done this flight on their own with kiddies as I am now really panicking.

The kids are really excited and cant wait to get back, especially to their gymnastics and clubs, and I too am looking forward to returning and settling down finally into our new lifes, we've all had enough of all the pulling around!!!!

Best wishes to you all and hope to see some of you soon, be good to see some of those friendly faces again.

Regards Corinne

Guest mayjess

Hi fellow ping ponger

we to go back in April, I am stressed to death, I think its so much harder 2 nd time round,for many reasons. sorry cant help with the kiddie qustion mine are 19 & 14 yrs old

But Good luck with everything

Dear Corinne,

So sorry for your loss but pleased that things seem to be going your way again! As for the flight, I have travelled many times internationally with our 3 as we are in a cross-cultural marriage. You will be fine (people are more helpful when you are on your own) and if nothing else - you will survive the endurance test of the 24 hours! I used to be as organised as I could (and pray that NOTHING happened to the in flight entertainment centre:confused:) and then look at it as something I would survive. Anything above that was a bonus and it always was. I was pleasantly surprised at the behaviour of my children. Just have a plan for wherever you stop over as that helps.

Liz

Hi,

I travelled to England and back last year with my 2 younger ones. I wont lie to you, it was a nightmare! The only advise I can give is to make the stop over as short as possible and accept all the help offered. Saying that your kids are a different age to what mine were, they were 2 and 10 months, little one wouldnt sleep in the sky-cot and the older one just wanted to walk around all the time!

Hope all goes well for you

Wendy

Hi,

I travalled to the uk in October last year with my 4 and 7 yr old and they really surprised me how well behaved they were, my 4 yr old is very loud and very lively normally but she was as good as gold on the flights.

The Tv is a big help and they slept.

We flew with Singapore and travelling with children you get to board after business/first class have boarded which gives you a few mins before everyone else boards to get sorted and the air stewards are helpful.

I also checked in online and changed our seats from what we had been allocated to what I felt was better seats for us, on the way back to Adelaide we had the very back seats, near the toilets and the cabin crew, this was a help as I didn't have to keep getting up to take them to the loo as I could see them from my seat and no one behind us to watch what we are doing !! The cain crew also chatted away to the kids.

I got comments from other passengers on how well behaved they were, don't worry Im sure it will be ok, you only have to do it one more time and you are back in Adelaide.

Tina

Hi Corrine,

I do sympathise. We also lost someone close to us shortly after our arrival and it was very traumatic.

The journey here was great fun. The five of were together, but as I'm disabled, I was of little use to my poor husband as he coped with me and three boys (aged 6, 5 & 3). The air stewardesses were very patient and helpful and we also had travel-size games, paper and crayons to keep them entertained. There were also a few very appropriate movies to watch and we hired a room at Singapore airport so that we could get a decent rest before the final leg of the journey. The boys are all teenagers now and they have good memories of the trip; it was a great adventure. Relax, enjoy it and let people help you.

Guest bishop3912

Hi Hun, yep coming back, will pm you when we are sorted, had to change flights due to a friend asking me to be godmother before I go lol. Really excited about coming back now all family stuff is sorted, be good to catch up and get that coffee we never got cause I was ill !!!! lol.

Millie really excited about seeing Skye again, and she cant wait to come back to gymnastics. Not sure if it will be Hallett Cove again, could be Port Noarlunga lol xxx

Speak real soon

Take care

Corinne xxx