hi

Guest karen@bella

Guest karen@bella

Hi there, my name is karen. ive been roped in to useing the forum by my husband jonathan(jaybone) as im rubbish on the internet! we are moveing to adelaide in aug and really cant wait. Were just in the prosess of trying to sell our house so it all feels really real now.:wubclub:

Cant wait to get in the sun and bbq with new friends. our 2year old lab bella is takeing the plunge with us and im sure she will love the sun and lovely beaches.

Me and bella are looking for some nice new friends to bbq with us and have a nice glass of wine in the sun with.:cute:

Hiya,

Welcome to PIA! Watch out this forum can be come addictive...:jiggy:

Good luck with the sale of the house, I hear the market is picking up again over there!

Judi x

Guest Team 'W'

hiya karen,

welcome to the forum,thats great you coming out in aug, we came out in aug last year,seems like years ago now...

make sure you have got some good warm coats.we had some lovely days but when it was cold blimey....

You will make loads of friends on here and within the community if your sociable enough get around a lot go to as many bbqs thats offered and you will be fine you will find your own circle of friends....

Any more questions dont be affraid to ask theres always people on here to help who :know it all...seen it all ...and done it all...or nearly hee hee...

So good luck happy selling, and enjoy all that life throws at you it will be worth it when you get here...

elaine x

Guest karen@bella

Thankyou for all your replies guys:)thanks for the tip about bringing warm clothes with us,ive got alot of those with the weather in the uk at the moment,its bloody freezing:sad:(shall i bring my earmuffs ore is that a bit over the top?):goofy:

Im really looking forward to the outdoor lifestyle,and really cant wait to be able to use our bbq even though i do burn all the food!!ups.

Hopefully we will be able to make some of the PIA get togethers when we arrive as my husband does like to leave me for a month at a time with his job.and me and bella(our dog) dont want to be lonely in a new country.:cute:

Really cant wait to get down under so heres hopeing for a quick house sale.

LOL We came out in August and arrived here in the Adelaide Winter - 16 degrees! We were walking around in t-shirts and shorts thinking all the locals were stark-staring mad, wrapped up in thick coats, scarves and gloves, whereas to us with our thick English blood, it felt like summer (or spring, at least!)

Now the blood has thinned and I'm one of the ones in a coat with gloves at anything under 20, and if the temp drops to 9 at night - brrrrrrr! But you will probably not feel it's cold at all here when you first arrive, specially after the temps in the UK recently!

Guest ozzymoggy

Hi karen,

We moved and left the house we couldnt waite any longer to get here.

I hope you sell soon, we have friends in Adelaide and their name in pia is thehulltigers, yes they are from hull, send them a post they are very nice.

We have been here 3 wks, it has been a very hard and a big culture shock but we came with very positive minds.....we will never be going home it is great.

Any ideas where you are heading when you get here?

Good luck with everything, pia is fabolous, he support you get is out of this world, we have made many friends already.

We are in Hallett cove at the mo!

Marcus 38, Nina 29, Abi 8 (13) x

Guest SCOTTYSUKSA

Hi karen,

you will really enjoy life in adelaide. The weather and outdorr lifestyle is excellent. Getting away from the cold weather is bliss.

My husband anthony and i moved over to adelaide from newcastle upon tyne 7 years ago and haven't looked back.

I am sure you will make lots of good friends when you get here.

I have two dogs ruby (cocker spaniel) and harvey (australian kelpie) so if you ever want to go dof walking down the beach when your husband is away, drop me a line.

Helen scott xx

Guest bugbabe

Hi Karen,

I have been speaking to your fella online - it seems we have VW obsessed men!

Hopefully meet you both at BigBang perhaps this year. Would be nice to meet some people before we leave. Hoping to be there for xmas (if everything goes according to plan!)

I am definitely up for that glass of wine in the sun with you :)

Guest karen@bella

Ha ha us yorkshire folk do get around!!! Thanks for all your replies,im really chuffed that bella will make new doggy friends as she does like a good play.

I cant wait to get our flights booked even if we cant sell the house!! we just want to get gone from the missery of the uk. we cant wait to meet you all and have a good party. woohoo:)

Were not quite sure were we will be living but glenelg and semaphore seem to look nice? so any info would be appreciated,were constantly looking on the net at all the rental properties and it just makes me want to escape now:arghh:.

See you all in aug!!:jiggy: