• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree3Likes

Thread: hi

Golden Grove
      47 times

Yorkshire ppl

I brought a Yorkshireman to Adelaide with me. He's from Halifax. :)

Hi karen,

We moved and left the house we couldnt waite any longer to get here.
      I hope you sell soon, we have friends in Adelaide and their name in pia is thehulltigers, yes they are from hull, send them a post they are very nice.
      We have been here 3 wks, it has been a very hard and a big culture shock but we came with very positive minds.....we will never be going home it is great.
      Any ideas where you are heading when you get here?
      Good luck with everything, pia is fabolous, he support you get is out of this world, we have made many friends already.
      We are in Hallett cove at the mo!

Marcus 38, Nina 29, Abi 8 (13) x
      karen@bella likes this.

Hi karen,

you will really enjoy life in adelaide. The weather and outdorr lifestyle is excellent. Getting away from the cold weather is bliss.

My husband anthony and i moved over to adelaide from newcastle upon tyne 7 years ago and haven't looked back.

I am sure you will make lots of good friends when you get here.

I have two dogs ruby (cocker spaniel) and harvey (australian kelpie) so if you ever want to go dof walking down the beach when your husband is away, drop me a line.

Helen scott xx
      karen@bella likes this.

Hi Karen,
      I have been speaking to your fella online - it seems we have VW obsessed men!
      Hopefully meet you both at BigBang perhaps this year. Would be nice to meet some people before we leave. Hoping to be there for xmas (if everything goes according to plan!)
      I am definitely up for that glass of wine in the sun with you :)
      karen@bella likes this.

Ha ha us yorkshire folk do get around!!! Thanks for all your replies,im really chuffed that bella will make new doggy friends as she does like a good play.

I cant wait to get our flights booked even if we cant sell the house!! we just want to get gone from the missery of the uk. we cant wait to meet you all and have a good party. woohoo:)
      Were not quite sure were we will be living but glenelg and semaphore seem to look nice? so any info would be appreciated,were constantly looking on the net at all the rental properties and it just makes me want to escape now.
      See you all in aug!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums