Hello all in Adelaide

nikkinoodlesuk

Hya my name is Nikki 37 and the hubby is Lyn 40

we have 3 children 2, 8, 15 and are living in the northern suburbs.

We have been in South Australia for just under a year and in Adelaide for 6 months.

We would love to meet some new people and could really do with some social buddies.

and by the way we're Welsh!!!!

Nikki xxx:p

Guest SaraLouiseSaunders

Hi Nikki - we won't hold it against you for being welsh as we are brummies!! Just me and my partner Mark here and we're in Lower Mitcham about 15 mins south of the CBD. Arrived at the start of last december so fairly new. Mark's already working but I'm yet to secure a job but it will come soon. We don't have any children, but we're similar in ages to you guys, I'm 38 and Mark is 41. Attended a get together last weekend which was a great way to meet people so keep your eyes open.

Sara & Mark

Guest HannahandRick

Hi Nikki,

We have been in Adelaide since mid November and settled in Plympton about 15/20mins from CBD. We dont have any children and had to be proactive in terms of getting out and meeting people.We met up with some other poms last weekend and found it really useful.My hubby is working (on a temp basis) and I`m still looking:wacko:Would be happy to meet up/get together some time, I`m from the west country but sadly do not have the twang and my husband is from the south east, let us know whats good for you.

Guest EHumphreys

Hi Nikki, we are fellow welshies and we live in the Southern Suburbs. We're from Anglesey, how about yourselves?

We have two girls aged 9 and 5 and have been in Adelaide since November 2008.

Einir x

Hya Hannah and Rick,

We'd love to meet up for drink in couples are for a cuppa in the day if your at a lose end, I have my little monster in creche on weds/thurs so free for lunch or cuppa, or your quite welcome pop around the house or vise versa I can send u our address.

I make a good curry if you fancy a curry night, we're about 30mins from city, or if you fancy a nite out, we can meet you somewhere we're lucky as we have teenage daughter nearly 16 yrs old, we're ok for babysitters.

Only knew about this website recently, nobody told me ggrrr, we are going to go to the Bbq thats, thats been posted on here on 21st Feb aswell in Athlestone.

We were planning on going to the Slug n lettuce pub by us in Parafield Gardens Sat night, not sure if thats too far for you???

Speak soon

Nikki & Lyn

Guest RichandHelen

Hi Everyone,

We new too. Five weeks flown by. Really enjoyed the get togethers weve been to so far. We are from Birmingham too. Richard ,Helen and 3 boys in Aberfoyle Park.

Guest angiestaff
Hi Nikki - we won't hold it against you for being welsh as we are brummies!! Sara & Mark

lol me n hubby are brummies too :D

where about's are you 2 from? we lived in sheldon for 8 yrs (hubby originally from kings heath, me from halesowen)

we've been in adelaide for over 10 mths now, live in west lakes and absolutely loving it, would never swap the glorious sunshine for rain, cold and misery of brum lol

how are you finding it?, if you ever fancy meeting for a drink let me know

ange x

• 1 year later...
Guest Brummie Stew

Birmingham and Midland Group
, next function will be held at The Jetty Hotel, Glenelg. On
Friday 24 February from 7.30 til late
, enter the Hotel via Elizabeth Street and meet us in the Birmingham & Midland Bar.

As Adelaide’s only UK expats based group we welcome all, so if you have been here a long time or are a new arrival, come and have a good time. All kids are welcome.

Background on the Birmingham & Midland Group
The Birmingham & Midland Group was established in 2006, this small group afternoon picnic, soon grew with other functions in various location around Adelaide into what has be come quite a large number of people. The word of BMG soon spread, with requests to attend our functions coming from wide and far, it wasn't long before local and U.K. radio stations were requesting interviews. It was soon realised that the individuals and families attending arrived in Adelaide at various times some back in the late 50's and others within a day or two of before attending their first function.

The purpose and philosophy of the Birmingham & Midlands Group
Firstly it is to have a laugh with memories and stories over drinks and/or food with fellow migrants whether they be old or new arrivals, however what has become a vital and most important role for the group is that at times we serve as a first point of contact to new arrivals helping them put down their roots and giving support at this very stressful time, as we all know.

I should mention and make it clear that by name, The Birmingham and the Midlands Group does attract a large number people from these area's, however the last thing we would want is to become exclusive and this is why this is why this is an open invitation to all.

Follow us on facebook.

Guest Brummie Stew

Birmingham and Midland Group
, next function will be held at The Jetty Hotel, Glenelg. On
Friday 24 February from 7.30 til late
, enter the Hotel via Elizabeth Street and meet us in the Birmingham & Midland Bar.

As Adelaide’s only UK expats based group we welcome all, so if you have been here a long time or are a new arrival, come and have a good time. All kids are welcome.

Background on the Birmingham & Midland Group
The Birmingham & Midland Group was established in 2006, this small group afternoon picnic, soon grew with other functions in various location around Adelaide into what has be come quite a large number of people. The word of BMG soon spread, with requests to attend our functions coming from wide and far, it wasn't long before local and U.K. radio stations were requesting interviews. It was soon realised that the individuals and families attending arrived in Adelaide at various times some back in the late 50's and others within a day or two of before attending their first function.

The purpose and philosophy of the Birmingham & Midlands Group
Firstly it is to have a laugh with memories and stories over drinks and/or food with fellow migrants whether they be old or new arrivals, however what has become a vital and most important role for the group is that at times we serve as a first point of contact to new arrivals helping them put down their roots and giving support at this very stressful time, as we all know.

I should mention and make it clear that by name, The Birmingham and the Midlands Group does attract a large number people from these area's, however the last thing we would want is to become exclusive and this is why this is why this is an open invitation to all.

Follow us on facebook or make contact on 0410498127 or