hello

Guest april

hello, we have just had our visas granted ,my husband is a buider and i am a hairdresser,and we have a 3 year old daughter.

I am really excited about the move but also very scared as we dont know anybody in oz we have actually never been to adelaide so if anyone could pass on there experiences we would really appreciate it. If anyone could give us there opinion on the different suburbs in adelaide that would be great also have been doing lots of research but there is so many places to go and they all look so nice hope someone can help

thankyou rach x:)

Guest martin77

Hi there, congratulations on your visa.

I'm not the best person to give advice on suburbs as we have only lived in one area. We have been here 2 years in April.

We chose south Adelaide,specifically Morphett Vale and now Hacham West. The reason was my wife's brother lives here so stayed with him when we first arrived. We instantly fell in love with the place. Many of my friends who live way up north laugh and joke about how we are all hicks down south but it's fantastic. Stunning beach's 5-10 minutes drive (one with an amazing reef that blows me away, even now, when snorkeling). Onkaparinga national park is just round the corner, the wife loves just going for a walk and watching the wild Koala's and 'roo's. We are also kinda in the middle for great places like Victor Harbour, Port Elliot and Glenelg. Of course you won't have any idea about these places, nor did we lol. You will in time though.

I know how scary it all is, i still remember the sleepless nights leading up to the big move. I wish i found this site then lol. Anyway, people here will help you, more than i have i'm sure, i'm useless.

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hello Rach and family,

congratulations on your visas, I am not in oz, although i have visited Adelaide, you will find on here I quote "people in the north say the north is nice and people in the south say the south is nice" unquote :wubclub: I have only seen a few places, Port Noarlunga, Aldinga, Seaford and Christies and they all seemed nice on our fleeting visit, people look to rent first to see if they like where they land.

I cannot offer much advice but give you our best wishes with your adventure

Tanya and family

Guest martin77
Hello Rach and family,

congratulations on your visas, I am not in oz, although i have visited Adelaide, you will find on here I quote "people in the north say the north is nice and people in the south say the south is nice" unquote :wubclub: I have only seen a few places, Port Noarlunga, Aldinga, Seaford and Christies and they all seemed nice on our fleeting visit, people look to rent first to see if they like where they land.

I cannot offer much advice but give you our best wishes with your adventure

Tanya and family

Yeah, those Northerners say the funniest things don't they ;)

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi Welcome to PIA.

I cant comment on areas at the moment as we never been either. We fly out on 7th Feb and have managed to secure the On Arrival Accommodation which is up north. We have been looking on line at longer term rentals north west ish.

Good luck with the rest of your plans. Do you have any idea on when you will be making the move??

Michelle

Guest kelv&haley

hi rach.....obviously just my opinions so you may not agree!!!!!! we started by basically deciding if we wanted to live north or south,as to look at the whole is just mind blowing....wots important to you and your needs,city for work? beaches?countryside?and go from there....for us in the uk we lived in a villags and so already knew we didnt wanna be anywhere to near the city,and having small children the beaches were a pull for us too..we researched the southern suburbs and came with a view to settling in the south thinking the christies beach would be as close to the city as we would wanna be,we had holiday rental in aldinga,which is lovely,but soon realised that that extra 10 min drive down from seaford/moana/noarlunga did make a difference so our permanent rental is in seaford,the kids are at moana school,we live a street back from seaford beach and its just lovely,o/h is a bricklayer so we knew he would be working all over so didnt wanna be too far south for when the time comes that he'll be right up north,it works for us,but as i say just my opinions and if they help you too then great,good luck with your move haley

we just want to say thankyou for your advice,we are taking it all on board i have found you all so friendly and helpful tried another site and will definatley:mad: not go there again no doubt will be asking for more advice soon thankyou again rach x:)