Hi from a newbie!

Guest jourdmart

Guest jourdmart

Hello All!

We're about to take the first steps towards emigrating to Adelaide.

I'm 37 and I'm looking at using 2294-13 Organisation and Methods Analyst role for my assessment. My wife is 38 and currently an at home mum for our 2 boys, aged 4 and 5. I have a degree, but unrelated to my work experience, but have 4 years work experience in my current role. I've got 4 uncles who are Australian residents, as well as my Grandad down there in Adelaide, who are willing to sponsor us.

The cat is out of the bag at work, so I've had my hand forced and had to front up to my manager about my plans and ask for a reference for Vetassess and I sense some reluctance.

So I've got a few questions, if anybody can help:

1 - Should I persue my employers for the reference or should I go down the statutory declaration route?

2 - Should I use an agent? Is it worth the cost?

3 - What are the job and housing situations looking like in Adelaide?

4 - Has anybody got an idea of the average timescales or are they so varied it is impossible to tell?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Many thanks!

Martin

(Hoping to be in Adelaide soon!)

Guest martin77

You have a great name :)

I always feel pretty useless on threads like these but offer what help i can.

We used an agent, it just made life so much easier. They did almost everything for us and took us through every step of the process. It was pretty expensive though. Worth it in my opinion.

The job situation is different for every trade/profession. Sorry i cant help here.

The housing market is pretty good and stable i think. You still get much more bang for your buck here too.

As for the timescale, again this all depends on your job/skills etc. Some people are being told 3 years, took us just under 2 years. That was for a PR Visa.

Sorry i couldn't be of any more use to you lol. I'm sure everyone else will help.

Guest jourdmart

Hi Martin!

Thanks for the hello!

I'm thinking that using an agent may be the way forward. I'm pretty good at form filling and all wading through crud, but I get the feeling this may be a bit too deep and we can't afford mistakes with this. Just hope my boss is good for a reference...maybe a slab of beer would help!

Guest martin77
Hi Martin!

Thanks for the hello!

I'm thinking that using an agent may be the way forward. I'm pretty good at form filling and all wading through crud, but I get the feeling this may be a bit too deep and we can't afford mistakes with this. Just hope my boss is good for a reference...maybe a slab of beer would help!

I had the same issues with my boss, made it worse as he was also my dad and really didn't want us to go. Beer may twist his arm lol.

I think the benefit of an agent is also the fact they check everything and are very very thorough, leaving nothing to chance. Just one mistake or missed form could add months to the application, so i'm told. The things i had to do, glad i did them though.

Guest jourdmart

Hi Martin,

I think I'm with you on the agent front.

Interesting to see that you're from Leeds - I'm from Castleford! Currently live between Leeds and CAs. Can't wait to get away from this snow and fog and freezing cold!

Guest martin77
Hi Martin,

I think I'm with you on the agent front.

Interesting to see that you're from Leeds - I'm from Castleford! Currently live between Leeds and CAs. Can't wait to get away from this snow and fog and freezing cold!

lol, small world. I'm from Rothwell, well Woodlesford, not far from Cas at all. It still gets cold here in winter, seem to feel it more as the houses dont have the insulation or central heating. Summer lasts a long time though so it's a small price to pay.

Guest martin77
Swillington!

lol, nice one. Good old swilly. just up the road then. I lived on North lane, just before roundabout where church is down woody. really is a small world!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: