Hello!!

Guest al_and_lucy

Guest al_and_lucy

Hello everyone.

We are (finally) starting the long process of the whole ielts/sponsorship/visa application and are hoping one day to eventually move to the other side of the world (along with everyone else in England by the looks of it!).

Lucy will be the main applicant for the visa, she works as a Biomedical Scientist for the NHS, whilst I work as a Service Desk Team Leader, again for the NHS.

At the moment we are waiting for Lucy's IELTS results to come back (13 days is up tomorrow!) and then we can send all the relevent details off to AIMS for a skills assessment. At least that will be straight-forward enough, send them the documents + wad of cash .. simples.

We had a good chat with reps from Adelaide at an expo in Bristol in November and they convinced us that 1. Adelaide will be the place for us, and 2. we would be wanted by them as well! State Sponsorship + a 475 Visa is the plotted route, fingers crossed the changes made on the 8th Feb wont hinder us too much!

Hopefully tomorrow will bring the required IELTS score (OA 7 needed) and then we can carry on to the next bit.

Al + Lucy :)

Guest Guest75

Hi and welcome to PIA.:)

We are a friendly lot with lots of useful info and support.

Take time to wander back through the older posts,there are some real nuggets of info to be dug out;)

Good luck on the IELTS score.

Still cannot believe you have to tested for yourt mother tongue - they let me in and I'm broad Yorkshire:biglaugh:

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hi Al and Lucy,

sounds like your going the right way to a smiley life on the otherside, I work in NHS as a med sec, (lol sig says it too) anyway we are off to expo in March, looking forward to it, although just waiting on medical and police checks for visa,

Good luck

btw the peeps on here great !! :notworthy: