Thread: Hello!!

Arrow Hello!!

Hello everyone.

We are (finally) starting the long process of the whole ielts/sponsorship/visa application and are hoping one day to eventually move to the other side of the world (along with everyone else in England by the looks of it!).

Lucy will be the main applicant for the visa, she works as a Biomedical Scientist for the NHS, whilst I work as a Service Desk Team Leader, again for the NHS.

At the moment we are waiting for Lucy's IELTS results to come back (13 days is up tomorrow!) and then we can send all the relevent details off to AIMS for a skills assessment. At least that will be straight-forward enough, send them the documents + wad of cash .. simples.

We had a good chat with reps from Adelaide at an expo in Bristol in November and they convinced us that 1. Adelaide will be the place for us, and 2. we would be wanted by them as well! State Sponsorship + a 475 Visa is the plotted route, fingers crossed the changes made on the 8th Feb wont hinder us too much!

Hopefully tomorrow will bring the required IELTS score (OA 7 needed) and then we can carry on to the next bit.

Al + Lucy :)

561 times
      Hi Al & Lucy

Welcome to PIA, you've made a great choice, Adelaide is lovely but then I might be a bit biased. :)

Director - Vista Financial Services - Financial Advisor and Mortgage Advisor for Poms in Adelaide - UK Pension Transfers / Financial Advice / Mortgage Advice
      Andrew@vistafs.com.au FPA & MFAA Member, Adv Dip FP www.vistafs.com.au Ph: 08 8381 7177

4457 times
      Hi and welcome to PIA.:)

We are a friendly lot with lots of useful info and support.
      Take time to wander back through the older posts,there are some real nuggets of info to be dug out;)

Good luck on the IELTS score.

Still cannot believe you have to tested for yourt mother tongue - they let me in and I'm broad Yorkshire

Thumbs up Hello

Hi Al and Lucy,

sounds like your going the right way to a smiley life on the otherside, I work in NHS as a med sec, (lol sig says it too) anyway we are off to expo in March, looking forward to it, although just waiting on medical and police checks for visa,

Good luck

btw the peeps on here great !!

Bah, are post never arrives before we have to go to work

Will have a good mooch through the website today and pick out some useful bits of information.

Ah well no post with IELTS results, hopefully tomorrow!

Grrrr NO results again today !

Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums