Useful info on beginning a new life down under

Guest Lauren & Alan

Guest Lauren & Alan

We have just come across this PDF file which I will try to attach. (fingers crossed!) I hope it will be of use to some people that are just abut to make the big move. It will certainly help us so just wanted to share it with you all.

It has't worked!..... will try a link

http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-australia/settle-in-australia/beginning-life/_pdf/sa/eng.pdf

Guest al_and_lucy

Lol, I hope all you girls have taken notice of this part ...

You should not judge them by the standards of your

previous country. In Australia, no matter what a woman’s style of dress might be, you must

not interpret it to mean they have low morals or that they wish to attract men’s interest.

Guest Lauren & Alan
Lol, I hope all you girls have taken notice of this part ...

Glad you are all finding it of use! I haven't read it myself yet but sounds like some of it will be very amusing reading! LOL:biglaugh:

Lauren & Alan,

Very useful info thanks

and yes very amusing i.e. page28 - really glad to hear that Australians say 'excuse me' when they burp or belch in public or someone's house.

Darren & Janet