Hello peeps!!!

Guest Jules37

Guest Jules37

Hi

New to this forum and just wondered if anyone could provide some information on the work situation in Adelaide and which places are nice to live.

Our background - O/H is a painter and decorator and we have a 7 year old so we would need to be somewhere that o/h can get plenty of work and close to good schools. Any help and advice would be very much appreciated.

Jules

Guest BAZnDAF

Welcome to PIA :)

Regarding jobs, you'll need to do some research online try the following websites.

www.careerjet.com.au

www.careerone.com.au

www.seek.com.au

There are many other sites advertising vacancies.

As for where is a good place to live! that all depends on what you want, what you are used to, and what you can afford. Everyone will have a different perception of whats a nice place to live. As you have mentioned schools, it might be worth finding the good schools and then looking for areas surrounding them.

Good Luck.

Barry

Guest Jules37

Thanks Barry. I have been signed up with the job sites and see quite a few vaacncies but keep hearing from other people that there is not much work there and that it is one of the worst states for unemployment so I am really confused.

Good idea with regards to the schools. Our son is in a really good school over here so I want to maintain that when we move to OZ. Do you know if there is a site like we have over here for the schools that tells you what their scores are?

Jules

Welcome to PIA :)

Regarding jobs, you'll need to do some research online try the following websites.

www.careerjet.com.au

www.careerone.com.au

www.seek.com.au

There are many other sites advertising vacancies.

As for where is a good place to live! that all depends on what you want, what you are used to, and what you can afford. Everyone will have a different perception of whats a nice place to live. As you have mentioned schools, it might be worth finding the good schools and then looking for areas surrounding them.

Good Luck.

Barry

Guest Jules37
im snowed it and bored so thought i would spend my day on here

done some searching for you, hope you find these useful

Adelaide Schools

where are the best suburbs and schools to live in adleide? - Adelaide Forum - TripAdvisor

Thank you so much for doing this, this is so kind of you. I shall have a good look through these sites.

Have you had all the snow now or have you got more to come? I got really fed up with the snow but we had no where near as much as you so I can't imagine how you must be feeling about it!!!

Jules

its dreadfull, typically today was my day off and i was stranded not able to do much, in saying that i wouldnt have made it to work anyway the roads where all closed, aparently there was around 5 jacknifed lorries in the villages surrounding me, dreading going in to work tomorow :( as if the roads arent bad enough, they are doing tons of work on the glasgow motorway so traffic is awful as it is..... least next winter on my days off ill be lying on a beach or something :) no more snow:)

Guest Jules37

Oooohhhh I bet you can't wait!!!! Hope you get some relief from the snow soon, they showed it on the news this morning and it looked awful.

Hope you get to work safely today.

Jules

its dreadfull, typically today was my day off and i was stranded not able to do much, in saying that i wouldnt have made it to work anyway the roads where all closed, aparently there was around 5 jacknifed lorries in the villages surrounding me, dreading going in to work tomorow :( as if the roads arent bad enough, they are doing tons of work on the glasgow motorway so traffic is awful as it is..... least next winter on my days off ill be lying on a beach or something :) no more snow:)