Hello, new to thread :)

Guest Peanut

Just wanted to say hi. I think I am probably the only Canadian here. Myself, and 2 daughters (13, 15) are moving to Adelaide around April-July 2008. Very excited, quite nervous...but ready for it. Thanks for this website...finding it quite useful.

Kirsten

Guest chillyanna

hi kirsten

welcom to PIA, nice to have a canadian on here for a change. are you in canada or are you wanting to escape the U.K like most of us on here!

if you dont mind me asking what visa are you going on and what trade will you use if you have one, hope i dont sound cheeky there:wideeyed:.

anyway good luck with the process and all the best, hope you enjoy the site and dont be afraid to ask questions:)

paul

Hi Chillyanna,

I am actually going on a job exchange ( exchange visa) for a year within the SA Fire Department(communications). Currently in Canada ( Alberta). Didn't sound 'cheeky' at all. I am happy to answer any questions. I cannot seem to find a Canadian moving to Adelaide website, but came across this one, and thought I would say hi. The process is all in the works, but looks like it will be sometime in APril to July before we go.

Kirsten

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Just wanted to say hi. I think I am probably the only Canadian here. Myself, and 2 daughters (13, 15) are moving to Adelaide around April-July 2008. Very excited, quite nervous...but ready for it. Thanks for this website...finding it quite useful.

Kirsten

Hi,

Welcome to the site.

We have guests in our rental arriving December arriving from Canada(on a reccie) although we are unsure if they are Canadian or British expat, can't tell the accent via e-mail, we will find out.

You may not be alone.

All the best

Guzzler

Guest dglamoore

Hi and welcome to the forum ;) anyone welcome!!!!

Do you know which part of Adelaide you will be job swapping too? We have found everyone to be very friendly here and it is a great place to live :D

Lisa:wubclub:

• 1 month later...

Hi Guzzler and Sas.....took me a while to reply ( I apologize...busy is not a good excuse...but work has been absolutley insane).

Very cool about your "canadian" renters :)

K

Hi dglamoore...I apologize for waiting this long to reply........

I am not sure what area where I will be working. I do know that I will be living in Torrensville. I have no idea about the suburb yet, but do know that it is about a 10 minute drive to work from there. Not much to go on...but half the fun is trying to investigate all the information of this new life, I speak about..haha

K

Hi Chillyanna,

I am actually going on a job exchange ( exchange visa) for a year within the SA Fire Department(communications). Currently in Canada ( Alberta). Didn't sound 'cheeky' at all. I am happy to answer any questions. I cannot seem to find a Canadian moving to Adelaide website, but came across this one, and thought I would say hi. The process is all in the works, but looks like it will be sometime in APril to July before we go.

Kirsten

There is a forum called Yanks Down Under, although very few in Adelaide on there. I think there may be one or two Candians...or I may be thinking of the Canadians on the UK Expats boards I used to be on when I was in the Uk;) Anyhoo, welcome and good luck.

Suzer