huntsmans in adelaide?? please no...

Guest redditchcouple

how often do you get these big 'orrid 8 legged terrors in the house.....someone please tell :shocked:

You see them around every nowe and again, theyre quite harmless, they dnt poison you or anything.

and they keep your house pretty clean from flies and bugs and the like we have 2 knocking round our place theyre pretty big we just leave them well alone.

We kill every other spider cept our little Huntys.

White tips and Red Backs are theones to watch out for.

HG

unfortatunatley you will have to get over the spider thing, ive seen quite a few huntsmans and even had a couple in my car (not nice).

They are very common here nd wont harm you just look scary.

Had a few redback experiences and white tip ones too. Im terrified of spiders but after being confronted in my car by a huntsman the size of my hand i can deal with most of the others ok now. You can get stuff to spray the house which keeps them away but i wouldnt worry about it toom much :)

Guest Kazzarazza

Hi guys. I think a lot depends on what area you live too. When we lived in Hallett Cove in the early 90's, we had a handful of Hunstman but not so many that you would really worry about it. In West Lakes Shore we haven't had any Huntsman in over 13 years. Up here we get the white tips occasionally (usually Spring) but they are smaller and much easier to dispose of!! I can honestly say I have only ever seen a redback spider on holiday in Queensland - never seen one in Adelaide and I have been here since 1990. I have also never seen a snake (unless you count the wildlife park, but they were safely behind a glass screen!!)

If you are really concerned about spiders, etc, I would recommend getting the outside of the house and the roof space sprayed by a pest control company. It lasts around 3 years and will give you peace of mind.

Cheers, Kazza

I must admit I freak out everytime I see a spider trying to get used to them and not cream in forint of the kids lol

It does depend on the house too some get more bugs than others and the sprays/bombs work wonders to keep them at bay.

DOn't know when I will stop checking rooms as i walk into them!

Guest Nick11

Huntsman look scary - I had one in my car the size of the palm of my hand-I wet myself-however they keep away the red backs and white tips which are a lot more dangerous.

We must be really unlucky then, redbacks all the time on the garden toys, the boys are well trained (by DH not by me!!!!) to spot them and they inform Daddy who duly inspects and gets rid. He regularly checks all the toys and spiderweb corners and I am very well looked after!!!

Huntsmans (or should that be Huntsmen??!) are harmless, just look terrible. Soon learn not to be worried about the biggies, its those little ones you've got to watch...

We must be really unlucky then, redbacks all the time on the garden toys, the boys are well trained (by DH not by me!!!!) to spot them and they inform Daddy who duly inspects and gets rid. He regularly checks all the toys and spiderweb corners and I am very well looked after!!!

Huntsmans (or should that be Huntsmen??!) are harmless, just look terrible. Soon learn not to be worried about the biggies, its those little ones you've got to watch...

me too found four in one day under my patio furniture and alex's toy car, and we are in seaford rise, luck of the draw i guess. Had one in the post box of my old house , they like metal stuff apparently.

Guest Nicky&Andy

we went to oz for 3 weeks on a recci and saw a few, one on a garage door, the kids loved it , he must have thought he was a celebrity, the amount of photos they took

Guest Trakki

we have a huntsman lovingly name Buttercup by my 4 year old living in our living room, since she arrived we have not had any white tips and we seem to get quite a few. She does no harm, stays still during the day and moves around at night but is always in the same place during the day.

Guest Guest75
we have a huntsman lovingly name Buttercup by my 4 year old living in our living room, since she arrived we have not had any white tips and we seem to get quite a few. She does no harm, stays still during the day and moves around at night but is always in the same place during the day.

"Buttercup" :biglaugh:

Guest Trakki

Niamh was freaking out one morning when she first appeared so I said to her to give it a name as its not a nasty spider and eats all the nasty ones. My thought process was that once they were at school and childcare I would chuck it outside. Thinking she would call it fred or something, no NIamh being Niamh called it buttercup and gave instructions that she is not thrown out. So buttercup it is and tried to throw it out once and got lynched by the kids so she stays. Sad thing is even me and Pete don't call it the spider we refer to 'her' as 'Buttercup'!!!!!

Guest Carolandcraig

Only been here for just over 4 weeks, wife was bitten by a white tip at our temp address, and the first day in our long term rental found a huntsman in the letter box but not seen it since. as people have already said if i were to find a huntsman in our house now i would let it be as the only do good!

Guest guest3462

We have a huntsman in our garden and as such dont get many spiders in the house, he has ventured in twice, but I WILL NOT let him stay inside!!!!! They are amazing to look at, we thought we had a big one, then we saw one somewhere else and realised ours was still a baby!!!! Like everyone else says its the little ones you have to watch for, you soon learn not to to leave your smalls on the bedroom floor!!! lol!