We've gone and done it!

jtct

After travelling to Adelaide for the last 4 years to see our daughter, her husband and the sorely missed grandchildren we have finally decided to 'take the plunge' and apply for Parent Visas.

Coming back to the UK a couple of weeks ago to find it was still freezing and snowing made it easier and already I have gone into declutter mode. After 38 years in the same house its going to be hard to get rid of so much stuff but we want a fresh start and with IKEA and Le Corneau on the door step it should be fun

Hi Jtct,

We moved out of our house, last year. We bought our house just before our 1st child was born 7 years ago. You would not believe the amount of hording that we did. It took hours and many weekends to sort it all out. We got there in the end!!!

Good luck with everything and enjoy the house clearance, It's a good feeling, after a good clear out.

Hopefully soon you will be on the other side and it will be all worth wile.

Guest Kelly&Mike

Congratulations and good luck with everything hope all goes well for you, bet your family are over the moon, hoping my parents will do the same as they are open minded to it, saying that we still havn't got there yet waitng for the house to sell.

:)

Guest Team 'W'

HI JCTC....

i wish you so much luck in what your doing,38 yr ye thats gonna be heart wrenching,BUT to be able to see your family on a day to day or week to week basis is gonna be fantastic....

Ye the decluttering is a pain ,but will all be worth it in the end...I wish it was my mum that was comming over if only for a week or two ,never mind for good !!

So im wishing you all the best for comming over, and remember its just bricks and mortar...its the memories of days gone by BUT you will always have them no matter what....

SO GOOD LUCK GUYS ..XX

ELAINE

After travelling to Adelaide for the last 4 years to see our daughter, her husband and the sorely missed grandchildren we have finally decided to 'take the plunge' and apply for Parent Visas.

Coming back to the UK a couple of weeks ago to find it was still freezing and snowing made it easier and already I have gone into declutter mode. After 38 years in the same house its going to be hard to get rid of so much stuff but we want a fresh start and with IKEA and Le Corneau on the door step it should be fun

:wubclub: WOW............how fab! got our parents coming over next week for their first visit to Adelaide.......we are HOPING they are gonna love what they see as they too have plans to make a permanent move eventually!

Best Wishes...........and enjoy the decluttering....trouble is - as you go through all the stuff the 'To Keep' pile grows as the memories flood back! can be hard to get rid of things but lots of fun along the way!

Good Luck and Best Wishes....:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your good luck messages. :wubclub: The 'decluttering' is going well and I'm on a roll with books, clothes and 'junk' disappearing to the Charity shop at a rate of knots! :) We've been accepted, have a migration officer to help us with form filling/submissions etc and are ploughing through documents and forms. :arghh:Got to get all the certificates verified and my daughter is doing her form 40 to sponsor us. The excitment is at an all time high but I'm trying not to think about all we have to do in the next 20 months or so!

• 4 weeks later...

We're off.............. (that reminds me - its the Grand National later this afternoon)

Needed full birth certificates for our children and ordered them online - We have been waiting anxiously since 6th March for them to come. they were due to be dispatched on 26th but arrived here on Thursday 8th April!!!!!!

All signed and forms filled out and on their way to our agent for checking and submitting to DIAC. Now I suppose we sit back and wait...........and wait...............and wait..........

Just wallpapering the dining room to give it a face lift before we come to sell the house. My mood has gone from sad to frustrated to happy in a very short time. Cracked open a nice bottle of Wolf Blass CabSav last night to celebrate the first stage of the journey getting under way at last. Roll on 2012!

Guest clare

ahh good on you!

we are moving out in june and im really hoping my mum and dad will join us eventually :)

good luck with it all and best wishes! xx