Hello!

Guest Sianne

Guest Sianne

Hi PIA!!!

I just wanted to say hello as I have been a 'lurker' on here a while! We have just started out on our long journey to emigrate to Australia... My name is Sianne, and Im married to Scott, with two gogeous girls, Elle and Carys. Scott has run a print business in the UK for 10 years, and has been in the industry for over 20 years. We are hoping to get his skills assessed by Australian Trade Assessments the UK asap, then TRA, leadig oto sponsorship by the SA Government. Does anyone know how long this process takes?? I was thinking upto a year+? We are attending the Expo in London next week, so will make a list of all my questions and take them along then :)

Thanks and hope to speak to you all soon!

Sianne x

Guest JoTanCalOwen
Hi PIA!!!

I just wanted to say hello as I have been a 'lurker' on here a while! We have just started out on our long journey to emigrate to Australia... My name is Sianne, and Im married to Scott, with two gogeous girls, Elle and Carys. Scott has run a print business in the UK for 10 years, and has been in the industry for over 20 years. We are hoping to get his skills assessed by Australian Trade Assessments the UK asap, then TRA, leadig oto sponsorship by the SA Government. Does anyone know how long this process takes?? I was thinking upto a year+? We are attending the Expo in London next week, so will make a list of all my questions and take them along then :)

Sianne x

Hello Sianne, Scott and girls,

We are on the Sponsored skilled visa, and are waiting for the medical checks and police checks to come through, the process guidelines changed in Spetember 2009, depending on your skill requirement it can take up to three years now (but don't quote me too specifically ont that).

You will need references, and proof of skills and qualifications, references and status of employment-reference letter from current employer of the main visa applicant, which I assume is going to be Scott, if you know where all paperwork is, thats a good start.

Australian Skilled Independent Visa: Australian Visa Bureau

Hopefully you will be able to find a lot of information from the link above.

Welcome to PIA and good luck with everything.

Tanya :wubclub:

Guest snowy10
Hi PIA!!!

Sianne x

I'm no expert but am going through the same process now without an agent.

My skills have been sent to the TRA at CAnberra and their web site says it should be processed within 30 working days.

For the sponsorship with SA their website says processing should take no more than 4 weeks from reciept of supporting documentation. (You apply on line and then have to send them all the supporting documentation by post)

The visa application processing time depends on whether or not your Hubbies Skill in on the CSL list or not. Looking at some of the time lines on peoples signature block, if he is on the CSL you should be a Cat 4 which I have seen processed between 4-6 months, if it is NOT on the CSL then it could be upto 3 years.

There are alot of threads on this subject on the Pomsinoz web site so may be worth having a trawl on there.

Also, the CSL list is due to change faifly soon, I believe they will publish the changes in April this year and action the chances mid to late June from what I have read.

Guest Sianne

Thanks for the messages guys. We have sent off the application to Australian Skills Assessments today.. I glad the ball is rolling (although very slowly) Going to the Expo Saturday in London, and am hoping to meet migration experts then, although i have already contacted Go Matilda for info and prices

Good luck to everyone and speak soon x