Guest barb

Going to bring our Rhodisian Ridgeback Kozee with us when we move to Adelaide and would like to hear from anyone who has brought there pets with them from the UK What are the best and the worst pet carriers to use and would Kozee have to be in kennels in Melbourne,if so how long does it take to drive there from Adelaide? We havent even got our visas through yet and alreadyim worrying about myboy. Im new to this forum so abig hello to everyone already out there,we cant wait and the waiting is sooooooooo long!!:arghh:

Guest angiestaff
Going to bring our Rhodisian Ridgeback Kozee with us when we move to Adelaide and would like to hear from anyone who has brought there pets with them from the UK What are the best and the worst pet carriers to use and would Kozee have to be in kennels in Melbourne,if so how long does it take to drive there from Adelaide? We havent even got our visas through yet and alreadyim worrying about myboy. Im new to this forum so abig hello to everyone already out there,we cant wait and the waiting is sooooooooo long!!:arghh:

Hi

we moved our 2 staffies over to adelaide last year and used par air in the uk who were absolutley brilliant (i could not fault them, the woman i dealt with patiently answered every silly question that i put her way lol).

we flew them to sydney (as quarantine was cheaper and there wasn't a wait as there is in melbourne). whilst they were in quarantine we called the kennel maid that was looking after them each week and she was so lovely and helpful (even though i was your typical panicky 'mother' lol).

we then used jetpets to fly them down to us in adelaide and then they were brought to our front door...again could not fault jetpets, the bloked who took them to sydney airport was fantastic (even though reggie played up in his cage).

the dogs were fine when they arrived, within hours it seemed like they had always been here :D

anything else u need to know, even reassurance p.m me

ange x

Guest JayBone

Hi,

we are flying our 2 year old Labrador Bella over later this year, we are using Golden Arrow and they have been excellent so far and have lots of good feedback online.

Something else you may like to know is, there is a company called dogwalks Dog Walking, Dog Care and Dog Treats in Australian Quarantine they offer an additional service to your pet when in Quarantine, additional walks, grooming, treats and toys and its not so expensive, we are definitely gonna use them to offer us piece of mind.

Jon

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hiya.

We brought out 2 westies over and flew them over with airpets to Melbourne and used Jetpets from Melbourn to Adelaide.

Missus was very worried bout her babys but had no need to as they were very well looked after and had no problems at all.

Melbourne was very accomadating on letting us know exacly how they were doing, there diets and excersise and we were very supprised on how well the dogs looked when we got them back.

To drive to Melbourne would take bout 10 to 12 hours each way so most people fly as its also cheaper.

There are some fantastic dog walking beaches and excersise area's down south where you can let them go and run off lead all year round.

Thanks Ange, Jon and Matt sounds like the dogs were really well taken care of and I will get in touch with par air/Golden Arrow for costs etc Do you have to arrange the flights from Sydney/Melbourne to Adelaide from the UK or from Adelaide?.Did you find it difficult to rent a home that was dog friendly? Thank goodness we dont have to drive all them hours to pick Kozee up from Melbourne, and the best off luck Jon with Bella,let us know how you get on. Many thanks for your help,Barb and Kozee X

Guest cornish Busdriver

The air transport company that you use will probally sort out the flights for you but you will have to sign a release form and mail it to them so they can get the dog out of quantine.

Think we paid about $300 for our 2 to fly from Melbourne to Adelaide then we picked them up from Australian Air Express at the airport.

They can deliver to your door but that will cost extra, you can also keep the flight boxes or as we done kept 1 and donated the other for someone else to use.

Guest angiestaff
Thanks Ange, Jon and Matt sounds like the dogs were really well taken care of and I will get in touch with par air/Golden Arrow for costs etc Do you have to arrange the flights from Sydney/Melbourne to Adelaide from the UK or from Adelaide?.Did you find it difficult to rent a home that was dog friendly? Thank goodness we dont have to drive all them hours to pick Kozee up from Melbourne, and the best off luck Jon with Bella,let us know how you get on. Many thanks for your help,Barb and Kozee X

Hi,

par-air arranged with jetpets the collection etc.. from sydney to adelaide (i honestly can't remember if we had to sign anything, prob did).we paid for door to door service and for delivery on a saturday (which was extra) but the alternative was to have them in kennels for 2 extra days and then fly them to us on the monday but we wanted them with us at the earliest date we could! lol

the house that we rent was the 2nd house that we viewed, so from our point of view we experienced no issues however i'm sure others have. we're lucky to have landlords who have 3 dogs and 2 cats themselves.

ange x