Why did you all decide on Adelaide or SA?

Guest JR56

Guest Guest75
Hi,

Just wondering what made you all choose Adelaide over the other cities or territory's. I would be grateful for all your views.

Kind regards

Janet and David

I hope this will not turn into a "My city is better than yours" LOL

We have lived in Adelaide for nearly 7 years.

It is a fairly laid back city.

Still affordable.

Love the climate,especially the change in seasons..........today 38c but in winter we have the log fire going :-)

Adelaide feels safe and homely to some respect.

I am not a lover of big cities.

Just a few of my views.

Hi Tyke,

Many thanks for your reply. It's a big decision to make isn't it to relocate the other side of the world and just want to know that we are making the right decision on Adelaide.

My hubbie too is from Leeds and we left the big city 10 years ago to come to rural Brittany, France and enjoy the openness and feeling of being safe so not a big city fan either I think that's why we initially chose Adelaide.

I'd love to hear other views on why Adelaide!

Kind regards

Janet and David

Guest Guest75
what are some of the nice suburbs of adelaide called.... done a fair bit of research on adelaide its self...but cant find a lot on the surrounding areas.

Just been looking at some rental properties for fun.... cheaper than my mortgage on a 1 bed flat by far!!!

Arrrgghhh!!!!

The which area is best question - or worse to come .......... "Is the South better than the North"

LOL

Seriously.

Some of it will depend on your funds,there are some beautiful beach side houses but I can't stump up the $2 million.

A lot of Brits settle in....Hallett Cove,Happy Valley,Aberfoyle Park,Flagstaff Hill,Woodcroft ,Seaford,Moana and areas surrounding them.

For what it's worth I live in Onkaparinga Hills ;-)

Here is the Onkaparinga council website..... http://www.onkaparingacity.com/web/page/home.html

Have a look on Lisa's site

http://www.adelaidebound.com/

Guest dglamoore

Hey Tyke you must be psychic!! You just listed every area we have looked into :lol: :lol: :lol:

Been looking at industrial units in the Lonsdale area online for Gregs work so looks like we may be in the south as plenty to chose from :D

That is of course so long as we get a visa eventually rather than collecting Case Officers!!!!!! :shock:

Lisa

Guest ladybird

Hi janet and david,

We've chosen adelaide as we've visited oz before and loved sydney but too expensive, cairns/queensland is a place to go on holiday and we weren't keen on perth. Adelaide is still a city but more relaxed and has less extremes weather wise plus we have an eight month old daughter so feel she'd get the best of city/country/coast as she grows up.

Lucky girl if we decide to go!!!

Hi all,

Thanks for all the info, just looked the onkaparinga website and all the website for houses in the area - Tyke thanks for this it looks the region for us!

Now just about to start the very long process of trying to get there!

Here's hoping and can't wait

David and Janet

Guest Guest75
Hey Tyke you must be psychic!! You just listed every area we have looked into :lol: :lol: :lol:

Been looking at industrial units in the Lonsdale area online for Gregs work so looks like we may be in the south as plenty to chose from :D

That is of course so long as we get a visa eventually rather than collecting Case Officers!!!!!! :shock:

Lisa

LOL

The areas mentioned are very popular with most UK arrivals.

What size of premises does Greg need?Does it have to be fully industrial?

Lonsdale in general has an industrial feel and can be a little tatty in parts.

I can keep my eye out for places ( I have dealt in commercial property).

You really deserve that visa now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest dglamoore

Hi Tyke

Gregs unit at the mo is tatty so he will not mind that :D He only needs a small unit - 100-200sm would do as long as it has 3 phase.

Does not necessarily need to be in a full industrial area but the machines Greg uses are very loud so residential neighbours would not be too happy with the noise :shock: especially as here he works from 6am !!

Always amazes me how many nice people we have come across through this process - thanks for the offer to keep an eye open :D

Lisa