New visitors to Adelaide - Meet up over Easter??

Guest JMRA4

Guest JMRA4

Hi All, we are here in Adelaide (Seaford Rise) on a reccie and going through the roller coaster journey of should we or shouldn't we come here forever. One day its yes, next days it ooh not sure - its not been no yet so thats good news. We've done some exploring (suburbs, jobs, food, etc to check out the cost of living) and wondered if anyone was in the same boat as us and wanted to meet up to do reccie comparisons. We have two boys, 11 & 12, who absolutely love the beaches but the 12 year old is adamant he doesn't want to come here to live ... needs a little convincing we think. Anyway, if anyone is free, whether on a reccie or not, would be good to meet up and have a chat and see how you are finding it. Oh by the way, we met a recruitment agent today who can find my hubby a job and we could be here by September ... how scarey or how exciting ... we're not sure yet. Hopefully hear from you soon, best regards Jane & Mark.

Guest Damien

Wotcha Jane & Mark,

We have been in Christies Beach for about 3 weeks now. Never been to Oz before but made the permanent move. We have decided on the Seaford area for our long term rental/permanent move. If you wanna meet up let me know. We have 2 younger kids, 8 yr old boy and 4 yr old girl, can fill you in on expenses etc tho!

Damo

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi, Jane and Mark , we live at seaford meadows ,been here 8 months . We have two kids so done our home work on the schools ect , so let us know if you would like to meet up , ATB Paul & Sharon .

Guest JMRA4

Hi Damo, thanks for replying. We are actually staying at Tyke's house! Are you free tomorrow at any time? Tyke is kindly sorting us out with some fishing rods and we are coming to Chrisities Beach tomorrow to fish off the jetty. Not been to Christies beach before so open to suggestions re. where to meet if you are free. Otherwise we can make Sat, Mon, Tues or Wed. Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes, Jane & Mark.

p.s. There is another post on this thread so will invite them along too.

Wotcha Jane & Mark,

We have been in Christies Beach for about 3 weeks now. Never been to Oz before but made the permanent move. We have decided on the Seaford area for our long term rental/permanent move. If you wanna meet up let me know. We have 2 younger kids, 8 yr old boy and 4 yr old girl, can fill you in on expenses etc tho!

Damo

Guest JMRA4

Hi Sharon & Paul, thanks for responding and yes we would love to take you up on your offer to meet up. I've put a post on to Damo (see below/above) or alternatively we can meet up another time. When Damo responds, let us know what suits you both.

Look forward to meeting you.

Hi, Jane and Mark , we live at seaford meadows ,been here 8 months . We have two kids so done our home work on the schools ect , so let us know if you would like to meet up , ATB Paul & Sharon .

Hi Damo, thanks for replying. We are actually staying at Tyke's house! Are you free tomorrow at any time? Tyke is kindly sorting us out with some fishing rods and we are coming to Chrisities Beach tomorrow to fish off the jetty. Not been to Christies beach before so open to suggestions re. where to meet if you are free. Otherwise we can make Sat, Mon, Tues or Wed. Look forward to hearing from you.

p.s. There is another post on this thread so will invite them along too.

if you are fishing off a jetty, i think it might be Port Noarlunga beach not christies????not far from each other but dont want you driving around like headless chooks looking for a jetty lol:goofy:

Happy fishing

Jo:wubclub:

Guest Damien

Hi Jane & Mark,

I've just got in from my first day at work in Oz - there's a note from the Mrs saying 'we're down the beach'. Nice to see someone's enjoying themselves then :) Hard life innit (for some). I haven't got a clue what she's got planned for us but I'm sure we can meet up sometime. As Jo said, you need to go to Port Noarlunga if you are fishing from the jetty, it's beautiful but I reckon it'll be pretty packed tomorrow! You could try the rocks at Christies or O'Sullivans ramp or the Onk river. Let me know when and where you are and I'll try and take a wander down. I'm going fishing myself this weekend - just got to get the pass from Lisa!

Damo

Guest JMRA4

Thanks Damo, Tyke fixed us up with rods and bait so will definitely be going there tomorrrow about 11ish. If you do make it you'll know who we are, we will look like complete novices at fishing. Don't worry if you can't make it (or you don't want us to embarrass you), we'll fit around you and perhaps we could meet up for a drink before we go home to very cold snowy UK on Thursday. Hopefully see ya soon, Jane & Mark

• 2 weeks later...