Just arrived

Guest Gina & Alan

Guest Gina & Alan

Hi all we are Gina,Alan and our 7 yearold son Joe, We arrived in adelaide 6 days ago now on a 2 year student visa looking to stay, Gina starts college on tuesday in the CBD, Alan is a highly experienced wood floor contractor /sander with machines coming on the container.

We are totally lost here, we desperatly need a car to run around in ,so anyone got a reliable cheap car they want to sell and we also need a van, so expensive here.

We are also looking for a decent place to live (long term rental possibly on coast side) which has to have a good school ,and good transport to the city with in reach.

We really need some advise here as we are really struggling where to start.

Look forward to your replys

Gina and Alan

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Guys

Whereabouts are you??? Hubby is a carpet layer, maybe you should have a chat, will PM you my contact number, feel free to ring anytime for a chat and some advice, pop round for a cuppa if you like too!!!

Mandy

Start with work! Where you live, schools etc will all depend on how far you are willing to travel for work and to Uni. We too were gobsmacked at car prices, but in the end you just have to bite the bullet and buy one. Our car cost $6k and would probably be scrap in the UK! Thats just how it is here. If you want to live on the coast with public transport, you are looking at either Glenelg via tram, up towards Port Adelaide/ Semaphore via the train (Outer Harbour line) or more south (Brighton to Noarlunga and all coast suburbs between them). We are in Hallett Cove and the train to the city can take up to 40 mins depending on the time of day. Similar time to drive at peak times. Brighton is nearer (by 10 mins) but more expensive. Glenelg is more expensive still, and around the same time on the tram to get to the city. Straight up Anzac highway to drive, not sure how long that takes at peak times though. Good luck, don't worry, it will all fall in to place eventually! xxx

Guest familygood

welcome to gods country

we will all have differing opinions on this but i would start with where to live....and work around the rest....after all im sure you havent come here to work first and live second.

we live in Christies Beach which is very nice - 2 minutes from the beach and very close to a major transport hub (noarlunga) which means I can get the express into the cbd in 30 minutes and cost me $29 for 10 trips which is very very very cheap.

also the area is close to loads of great places - brighton / glenelg / moana beach / noarlunga, and is close to beach road and the noarlunga centre for shopping.

the only down side we have heard about is that the schools arent meant to be that great - however as ours are 2 1/2 and minus 2 months, we got time for that to change, and im sure others would say the schools are great.

Hope this helps, good luck and try and enjoy it eh - its the best.

Guest Gina & Alan

Hi There yes could well be interested, my phone number is 0415 767600, i also see you are a mechanic so assuming your car is in good reliable shape.

regards Alan

Guest Gina & Alan

Hi Mandy, love to get in touch with you guys, our number is 0415 767600 also Alan,s website is www.profloorsanding.com which will give your hubby an idea of what he does and never know may be able to point him in right direction for work.

look forward to your reply

Gina

Hey Alan , Yes all good was my own personal car so if it went wrong it went into the workshop but you are free to have a independant inspection ;) The rego ran out about 2 weeks ago but can easily re rego it at christies.

Text me for viewing if you want over the weekend 0416 316906

it is advertised on gumtree for $5500 and a guy is due to call on tuesday afternoon to see it , but did say it was first come first served

Mick

I have amended mobile contact number was incorrect :huh:

Hey Alan , Yes all good was my own personal car so if it went wrong it went into the workshop but you are free to have a independant inspection ;) The rego ran out about 2 weeks ago but can easily re rego it at christies.

Text me for viewing if you want over the weekend 0416 315906

it is advertised on gumtree for $5500 and a guy is due to call on tuesday afternoon to see it , but did say it was first come first served

Mick

Guest Gina & Alan

Hi Guys we are still here looking for a long term rental and a car,

Hi all we are Gina,Alan and our 7 yearold son Joe, We arrived in adelaide 6 days ago now on a 2 year student visa looking to stay, Gina starts college on tuesday in the CBD, Alan is a highly experienced wood floor contractor /sander with machines coming on the container.

We are totally lost here, we desperatly need a car to run around in ,so anyone got a reliable cheap car they want to sell and we also need a van, so expensive here.

We are also looking for a decent place to live (long term rental possibly on coast side) which has to have a good school ,and good transport to the city with in reach.

We really need some advise here as we are really struggling where to start.

Look forward to your replys

Gina and Alan