hello again

Guest Sion

hi,

i subscribed to this forum ages ago but as we had trouble selling the house I have not been on.

WE have now sold yippeeeeeeee adelaide here we come.

BUT and a big but , we want to arrive in jan but we are finding it difficult to find any short term rentals (cheap) we only want to rent for about a month then we want to explore australia in a campervan for 3 to 4 months and then return to adelaide.

will I be able to have a bank account without a permanent address (while traveling)

I am so confused as to what I need to sort out can anyone help ?

cheers

sion

If you aren't going until January you must be staying here somewhere. So why not open an account before you go? When you eventually settle in Oz you can then update your address with them.

Pete

If you aren't going until January you must be staying here somewhere. So why not open an account before you go? When you eventually settle in Oz you can then update your address with them.

Pete[/quotes

thats sounds like a good idea but would i still be able to pick up all my cards i.e atm without giving them a fixed address in aus when i get there?

Guest Guzzler&Sas

When you rent for your first month, see if you can use that address as a base. Also something which is very popular here are PO Box numbers - at the larger post offices, there are private boxes which people use.

We set our account up whilst still in the UK and then just activated it during our first week here - at that time, they issued cashpoint cards and then we applied for a credit card which we got quite quickly. Decided not to get cheque book because most banks charge for each cheque written.

Once you are up and running, we do all our banking online - so that would be ideal while travelling around because if you don't have a laptop, all libraries have internet access.

Good luck

Sas

Guest dglamoore

We also set our account up online and just activated while staying in caravan park so you should be fine with that bit :)

There are quite a few options for rentals if you cannot find one that is available - motels, caravan parks etc. Quite a few here to start you off - http://www.adelaidebound.com/accommodation.html

Lisa:jiggy: