Flight delays affecting entry visas

Guest VincentEngland

Guest VincentEngland

:sad:I am hoping to emigrate to Adelaide in August this year with my wife and three daughters. Given the lack of flights to anywhere from the UK at the moment, and hearing on the TV this morning that delays could continue, theoretically, for months if the volcano in Iceland continues to erupt, how will these delays affect emigrants who are unable to land in Australia before the date given in their visas?

Guest thekings

Start walking :biglaugh::biglaugh:

No seriously I don't know, I'd have thought Australian Immigration would have to make some kind of allowance for a global event like this.

Guest VincentEngland

Where in Oz are you located? My wife is a health visitor in the UK and it is thanks to her that we obtained residents visas if that is what they are called!?!

Guest VincentEngland
Start walking :biglaugh::biglaugh:

No seriously I don't know, I'd have thought Australian Immigration would have to make some kind of allowance for a global event like this.

It is thanks to my wife that we have been accepted as immigrants on a permanent basis. Where are you based in Oz?

You only get a year from either the medicals/police checks - the valid to date is for 5 yrs after you have validated the actual visa...

Thanks, yes just re-read the details! ooopss either way I am sure you will be fine, all you can do is see what happens nearer the time then contact Immigration if there is a problem, good luck.

Guest thekings
Where in Oz are you located? My wife is a health visitor in the UK and it is thanks to her that we obtained residents visas if that is what they are called!?!

Hi Vincent, not quite there yet, hopefully next month all being well :)