New pool regulations?

Guest Candiceno1

Guest Candiceno1

Hi

I am a newbie to this site but not adelaide, been here nearly 5 years noww. We are in the process of selling our house but the real estste agent asked if the pool complied with the new regulations :chatterbox: ???? Well it did when we bought it 4.5 years ago so does anyone know what he means???

Thanks

:v_SPIN:

Guest bishop3912

Hi not sure if this helps or not but I know that you definately have to have a security fencing and gate around the pool now, this never used to be "law" in SA but is now. hope this helps.

Guest Candiceno1

oh well that will be hard considering the pool is right next to the pergola with no grass and no where to put a fence!!! it complied before as it has a fence from back garden and gates locked so no one can get in and dead bolts on the door out to the pool. Oh dear no idea what I will do then!!

Guest Guest75

Not heard of any new regulations.

I'd ring the council,they are really helpful.

Welcome to PIA btw, good to see you on-board.:notworthy::)

I reckon we have bumped into each other elsewhere;)

Good luck with the house sale!

Guest Candiceno1

Thanks Tyke I will give them a call. I used to go on AB when we first started the process of emigrating about 7 years ago and also when we arrived for a while but life takes control and meant I stopped using the site for a while. I posted on your post about people arriving and settling so you know where I have been since arriving!!!

Hi

I am a newbie to this site but not adelaide, been here nearly 5 years noww. We are in the process of selling our house but the real estste agent asked if the pool complied with the new regulations :chatterbox: ???? Well it did when we bought it 4.5 years ago so does anyone know what he means???

Thanks

:v_SPIN:

Our house has just gone up for sale too. We put our pool in 18 months ago and complied with the safety regulations. Council approved our fencing, gates etc. Our pool fencing isolates the pool and pergola area from the house apart from the patio doors which has a self-closing security screen door on and handle 1.5m from the floor (i.e. child proof).

Our agent told us that nothing had changed officially so it still complied. They are talking about changing regulations and arguing about who will "police" them but nothing agreed yet apparently.

Our fencing and gates could be moved to completely isolate pool quite easily if regulations change in the future. I would definitely recommend you ring council and ask their advice. I discussed our options with council before planning was agreed and they were really helpful.

Val

(also from Bradford by the way)

Guest Stacey

Hi Candice

I am not sure of specifics but I know that if you want to sell a house there has to be a fence around the pool. Certainly when we brought our house last September, the vendors had to have the fence installed before they could officially sell to us.

Good luck

Stacey

x