Hellooooooo

Guest pommieschick

Guest pommieschick

Hey everyone, ;)

I'm looking to move over to Adelaide as soon as poss, my partner is already over there, and myself and the children are going to go over on a 457 sponsored visa, but I have some questions and I'm hoping one of you can help, because to say Im becoming a little confused is an understatement.

Can I apply for a 457 whilst in Australia on a short term tourist visa, or is that not doable? And lastly for now because I know I will probably think of a thousand other things by the time we have chatted :idea:

Re healthcare, I have a gorgeous little girl who unfortunatley has to have treatment regularly, at home in the UK its covered by the NHS, sooooo the question is: How will that transfer over, will it be covered with resiprical care, or will health insurance cover an already existing condition, or will I have to pay for treatment????

Ouch, was that to many questions, hope not because you're my only hope of trying to figure this out.

Thanks Pommies chick x :notworthy:

Hi Pommiechick

I arrived in Aus on a visitors visa whilst waiting for the 457 approval, however, the application must be made overseas!! We only waited 5 days for the approval.

It's not recommended though, best wait to be safe.......

Best place to check about reciprocal healthcare is the medicare website, or even centrelink may be able to advice you.

Sorry cant be of anymore use!

ATB

Jane

Guest pommieschick

Thanks Hazel, its nice to have a friendly hello when your the new girl!!

And WOW, Jane aka Scouse Mouse, thanks for the advice, sounds like it may be an option for us, will do some more digging, let you know how I get on.

PC x