moving to adelaide

Guest debbra

Guest debbra

hi everyone

can anyone give some help and advice about moving to oz. currently living in uk and have aunt and uncle and cousins in adelaide and desperatly want to move but dont meet the criteria for the skills visa anyone got any ideas would be very grateful :jiggy:

Guest Zoot

Hi Debbra what about booking a session with one of the migration consultants recommended on the forum they will give you the best advice as to what visa you may possibly qualify for and then you can decide from there whether you use their services throughout or you rely on forum members to walk you through the whole process. There are just so many visas with so many different conditions attached (advantages/disadvantages) so speaking with a professional would set you on the right path from the outset.

Guest smurph

is there such a visa out there for people who have no qualifications?skills etc that Australia wants but have relatives out here only... can you get a visa just with rellie sponsorship alone (apart from the last surviving rellie one)....

Guest debbra

thank you to everyone who replied. ive phoned an immagration agent who told i could qualify for a student visa, which isnt really an option for me as i have to work full time and i want to move premanently so my son doesnt have to go backwards and forwards. im currently working as a postwomen for royal mail but do have other qualifications but nothing like a degree or anything so seems like ive hit brick wall. im hoping to come back over for holiday the end of the year to see if there anything more i can do while im in oz. any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.:jiggy:

Guest JoTanCalOwen
thank you to everyone who replied. ive phoned an immagration agent who told i could qualify for a student visa, which isnt really an option for me as i have to work full time and i want to move premanently so my son doesnt have to go backwards and forwards. im currently working as a postwomen for royal mail but do have other qualifications but nothing like a degree or anything so seems like ive hit brick wall. im hoping to come back over for holiday the end of the year to see if there anything more i can do while im in oz. any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.:jiggy:

Hi Debbra,

I completely understand the need to work and support your family, Just a thought and obviously depends on how far you are willing to go to get to Oz....

You say that you have other qualifications, can you not coincide those qualifications with a relevant job here in UK, that will also match the pending Skills Occupation List??

Guest debbra

thanks for your reply. ive got nvq level 2 itq and my ecdl aswell as abtac in travel and tourism, because im a postwoman its quite a unique occupation what do you think. its really difficult.

Guest Zoot

What about studying for a career in demand in Australia from the UK, at least that way you have your support structure in place and if you can fit it in around your job well and good. Only other thing I can suggest is checking out the Oz occupations list and also trying for a job sponsorship I know they have been clamping down on this recently but there may be something there.

Guest tinkham_lee

have you looked into the relatives visa, or a work sponsored visa

The immigration companies like the student visa, they recommended that visa to me, even though my partner was an auzzie permanent resident, and we were nearly eligible for the spouse visa. I'm guessing its the visa that they make the most money on.

just a thought on the student visa though, you don't need to undertake a full time course and I believe you can work 25 or 30 hours a week if you want, but the initial payment is very expensive, with the visa and course fees.

Guest debbra

thanks for your reply, as far as im aware you can only work 20hours a week and really need to work full time. the relative visa is also a no go. oh god i need help :)

When you come here for a holiday, try and go in and see the Immmigration people in Adelaide. They are usually really helpful and will give you the info "from the horses mouth" as it were. Alternatively find a nice aussie man to marry while you're here...!!!!

Guest debbra

hi diane

thanks im hoping all being well to go back october my cousin has already suggested me finding a man shes on the look out lol :)

Guest debbra

hi

ive got ecdl nvq level 2 in itq looking into going into medical administration because its on the skill list. what do you think?