Hello gang

Guest hopefulnurse

Guest hopefulnurse

Hi to all,

just a quick hello from sunny Liverpool. I am Jim married to Angela and we have three boys, aged 12,9,8. We currently live in Liverpool and have been looking at making the leap to Perth for the past 12 months, we have got no further than talking and thinking about it, but we are finding ourselves increasingly drawn to Adelaide. Like most people posting on this site we want a better standard of living for ourselves but ultimatly our children. I am a district nurse in the UK, and my wife is hoping to start training as a midwife this coming Sept.

Will post more topics as i have questions arising

Jim

Guest dglamoore

Hi Jim, Angela and boys

Welcome to the site :lol: There are a good friendly mix of both UK and Adelaide residents on here so post away and I am sure someone will be able to help with any questions :D

Lisa

Guest ladybird

Hello,

Welcome to the board. Everyone is really friendly and any questions you might have are soon answered. I'm a midwife so i'll let you know what the hospitals etc are like when we get back from a little reccie to adelaide. Is your wife already a nurse or is she doing direct entry??

There's another family who are midwife and nurse on the boards who are already going through the process, we're just starting out so they'll be some of us to help with the 'nursey' side of things.

Guest hopefulnurse

Thanx guys for the warm welcome, in answer to your question Victoria, Angela is going direct entry to Uni, considered going now and she train over there but at least here she would be funded for training.

Jim

Hi Jim

Very excited for you. I am an Adelaide boy living in Nottingham with my english wife. She is keen to become a mid wife and I am trying to convince her to study in Adelaide.

I would swim back tomorrow if she said lets go but she wont go until she is 100% ready.

Flinders Uni offer midwifery courses and they have a great web site.

Might fire up the barby this summer and get some future Adelaidians around.

Dallas

Guest hopefulnurse

Only a quick thankyou mate for saying hi, we are thinking about sacking the training for my wife over here and look into her undertaking her training once we are in Aus, but not sure about weather she would have to pay to train once we are down under. I know we qualify for a skilled visa on my occupation alone, but its just her training that is holding us back. The barbie sounds great.

Jim :D

Guest Sue & Ash

hello jim and family!

i can't give any adive really (just yet :D ) - we are at the bottom of this jungle ourselves. give me a couple of weeks - i am a quick learner :wink:

but welcome!

Susi

Guest kevster

Jim

I have been here only three months (my first post). Adelaide is guilty of under selling itself. The place is fantastic. I have no regrets (even though my salery has halfed). My kids are happy and her indoors is quiet (same thing!).

The "golden ticket" (visa) is the thing to get. All else will follow. If you get in now then you are in and your wife can study. If you delay the ozzie govt may at any time change the goalposts and you will be forever sorry.

best of luck

Kev

Guest dglamoore
Jim

I have been here only three months (my first post). Adelaide is guilty of under selling itself. The place is fantastic. I have no regrets (even though my salery has halfed). My kids are happy and her indoors is quiet (same thing!).

The "golden ticket" (visa) is the thing to get. All else will follow. If you get in now then you are in and your wife can study. If you delay the ozzie govt may at any time change the goalposts and you will be forever sorry.

best of luck

Kev

Hi kev

Welcome to the site - we are the lucky owners of a new golden ticket. Can't wait to be in your position and be in Adelaide :lol:

Lisa :D

Guest Jane.Mason

Hi Jim

The way we've been told if you go out on a permanent 136 Visa then you would not have to pay overseas tuition fees which are much higher.

Your wife may be able to transfer onto an austrailian course if it's the same one and get APL'D on the units she's already done. Alternatively, may want to go in on a student Visa and pay the highter tuition fees, which would be refunded if your 136 was granted i think within the first year(you'd need to check that though)

I hope this helps.

Jane