My first 3 weeks....

Guest emmaandlee

Guest emmaandlee

Well...I've been here for 3 weeks now, and despite a few ups and downs already, I LOVE Adelaide.

Its a bit of a long story, but I was offered a job here, so the original validation trip turned into a permanent move. However my other half, Lee, has had to return back to the UK until mid August, so I am now here completely on my own!:arghh::sad:

The first 2 weeks with Lee were amazing. We got a hire car, visited lots of places, and did all the usual first week things.

I am now in a house share in Wayville with 2 other girls, for the short term until Lee comes back.

We sold the house, cars, everything, and I am here with 2 suitcases and a few extra boxes in a shipment soon to arrive. I was worried after reading reports about how expensive things were, and how bad the shops were....but want a fantastic surprise! Yes, larger is not cheap! But wine is in abundance and I think you pay a really fair price for it. Adelaide central market is awesome. I could not believe the amount of produce....and if you go on a Saturday at 2pm you get great bargains!

With the current exchange rate, it is a little expensive, but once you earn in Aussie dollars it makes no difference.

I went for a walk on Sunday down the beach, and it was beautiful. Absolutely stunning. It was just a shame I had to come all the way back to Wayville to a house that is actually a little gloomy! I can’t wait to get my own rental!

Good luck to anyone who is moving out here soon. Its brilliant. :):)

Emma

Guest Jersey Bean

Hi

well done, Brave girl!

I`m glad the wine is good bit difficult to get decent stuff here in Dubai & not pay a fortune for it !

You cheered me up Cant wait to get there ha

Good luck be over beginning of July hoping to live in golden grove area

Wish you all best

Claire

Guest angiestaff
Well...I've been here for 3 weeks now, and despite a few ups and downs already, I LOVE Adelaide.

Its a bit of a long story, but I was offered a job here, so the original validation trip turned into a permanent move. However my other half, Lee, has had to return back to the UK until mid August, so I am now here completely on my own!:arghh::sad:

Good luck to anyone who is moving out here soon. Its brilliant. :):)

Emma

Hi,

glad to hear things are going well for you, if you ever need some company and chat over lunch or a nice glass of wine, P.M me on here

ange x