hello

Guest kas17

Guest kas17

Hi, my name is Karen and I'm hoping to move out in August with my husband and 2 girls (4 and 2) if all goes to plan. House going on the market next week so fingers crossed for a quick sale.

Bit apprehensive at the moment moving to a new country without a job or house etc so any advice would be more than helpful.

Hi Karen,

We are also moving out in August, feel totally behind on everything, have loads left to do. Panic is setting in, we have decided to rent our house out but haven't sorted out the agent yet, have you booked your flights or are you still in limbo waiting for your house to sell ??

Cheers

Gary

Guest kas17

Hi Gary,

thats exactly how I feel. At the moment we are going round in circles feeling completely behind with it all. Havent booked flights thought would get house sold first thought hubbie did resign from work today so it feels real now

Karen

Guest Django

Welcome to PIA.

Everyone on here has either done it or going to be doing it so your are not on your own. Look at the whole move thing as an adventure and a fun thing rather than stressing about it and you'll be fine.

Once you get here take a bit of time out rather than rush around mad trying to do everything in a few days. Explore the different suburbs and find one that suits you rather than taking others opinions.

All the best with the big move. Things generally fall into place, and if you need something get on here and ask. We were all helped by others that made the move before us and so now its our turn to help those currently making the move. Thats how it works so take advantage of every offer of help.

Pete

Guest Coleybear

Hi

We are also moving over in August but just waiting for my husband's spousal visa to come through. Even though I am orginally from Adelaide I have been living in London for 10 years and really nervous about going back. If you have any questions I will try to help you out as much as I can! Goodluck!

Nicole (31), Steve (42) and George (16 months)

Hi Karen,

We are moving over at the beginning of August, we have just sold our house after 15 months on the market!!!!!!! so good luck with the quick sale.

So far we have booked our accommodation for when we first arrive and have provisionally booked removal co. will probably open bank accounts shortly and book hire car, after that I've no idea. We move out our house in 4 weeks and in with my dad for 6 wks (which I'm dreading :confused:).

I think this is one of the most stressful things we've ever done and being pregnant doesn't help. I'm sure once we're there and sitting with a cool beer it will seem worth it :).

Good luck with everything and maybe see you over there :cool:.

Jo x

Guest Lisajonesey

Hello to everyone arriving in August!

It's always a bit frantic towards the last few weeks in the UK - if there's anything you want help or advice on, just shout. We've all been there, and there's so much to think about, having those waves of emotion too can be a little hairy... It's all worth it when you get out here though. You'll be arriving towards the back end of the bad weather, so the nights will be getting lighter, and the weather sunnier and sunnier....

Enjoy the british summer and gorg yourselves on scotch eggs and marks and spencers sandwhiches - and for god's sake - stock up on underwear!

Guest guest3462

Hi to everyone arriving in August, its a mad time for you all but everyone on here will beable to help you out as much as possible. We have 2 little girls Carys 4 and Lizzie 3 so if any of you decide to come and join us all in the southern suburbs we would be happy to meet up for a playdate.

All the best to you all

JC x