New Here!

Guest sandy

Pathetic as I am, have never even been in a chat room:(let alone a forum... not even sure what to do or say! Only Hi! am coming to Oz in November for a loooonnnggg holiday and looking to emigrate as soon as I can, have a daughter in Adelaide. Would love to hear from anyone that has already taken the plunge and would like to meet up over a nice glass of Shiraz and listen to tales of Oz:chatterbox: the good and the bad!!!!! Only after visiting last year cannot imagine any bad! My first time, so have pity on me and everyone say 'Hi' back!!:) and show how friendly you all are.

Guest ali@51

Hi Sandy and welcome to PIA. If you have already been you might find we are picking your brains not the other way around:). Good luck with your visa and enjoy your holiday.

Hi Sandy, Welcome to the site.

My wife and I are also members of the senior section with children in Aus.

We now have our visa and will be arriving in Adelaide about the beginning of November.

If I can be any help, or if you wish to know things about Parent Visa's, please let me know.

Guest Django

Hi Sandy,

Don't worry we will be gentle with you. Welcome to the 'get the hell out of here' club. :biglaugh:

Where abouts in Adelaide is your daughter? How long are you going for? As Ali said when you get back we could be asking you all the questions about Oz.

Pete

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi Sandy,

Welcome to PIA, where are you from in God's country? I'm a Pontypridd lad myself.

Have a great holiday and don't drink all our Shiraz,

Guzzler

Guest Guest75

Hiya Sandy and welcome.

You've not made a bad start at all:D

Enjoy your looooong holiday here - your first visit??

Nice time of year to come over and see us.

:) Hi Sandy, Welcome, this forum is great and full of information. Your one step ahead than us as you have visited Adelaide before, we're moving our there is January and have never visited (sounds mad when written down!).

Guest nikkiandlee

HIya,

I'm sure you will find at least 10 people on here who would be extreamly happy to share a bottle or two while discussing the plus and minus points of Adelaide!! :) If I was there i would be one!!

Good luck

Nikki

Guest dglamoore

Hi Sandy and welcome to PIA :cute:

Give us a shout when you get over here - always happy to share a bottle or 2 :wubclub: Where does your daughter live? We are down south in Port Noarlunga South and have been here for 5 months and love it!!!!

Lisa:)

G'Day Sandy and welcome to PIA! Nice to have you joining us. You'll love the weather here in November. There's nothing better than relaxing with a bottle of Red Dingo (chilled of course) and watching the sunset with great company.

Hope to catch up when you get here

Judi x:cute:

:v_SPIN: Am in a spin 'cos I now have flu, first time in 15 years so mustn't complain, but there again I am British so guess I must! hehe!! :cute:

Thank you all for your welcome and I will be getting back to you soon as I feel better.

Only 6 weeks and I will be in the Oz sun........... ah! can't wait. Speak to you soon.

Sandy x

Hi Sandy

Congratulations on taking the plunge - I'm sure all will go well, how long has your daughter lived here?We live down south and I work at a winery in Mclaren Vale so can help you find a good few bottles of wine!! I also volunteer at the visitors centre in Mclaren Vale so if you want to know where to go for a good meal or coffee, I can tell you where to go!

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Guest dglamoore
We live down south and I work at a winery in Mclaren Vale so can help you find a good few bottles of wine!!

mmmmmmm need a friend???? :biglaugh::biglaugh: good place to work!

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Hi Sandy and welcome to PIA

Give us a shout when you get over here - always happy to share a bottle or 2 Where does your daughter live? We are down south in Port Noarlunga South and have been here for 5 months and love it!!!!

Lisa

Hi Lisa

Will do, thanks !! I visited Noarlunga last year and was smitten........... maybe look to living in that area near the vines eh! Not sure how long that will be as am applying for cpv, when I have found out a bit more about it.......... sure its worth it, but will cost about 75,000 dollars! My daughter Lisa lives in the city. Sandy x

Hi Sandy

Congratulations on taking the plunge - I'm sure all will go well, how long has your daughter lived here?We live down south and I work at a winery in Mclaren Vale so can help you find a good few bottles of wine!! I also volunteer at the visitors centre in Mclaren Vale so if you want to know where to go for a good meal or coffee, I can tell you where to go!

Let me know if I can help with anything.

HIYA!

My daughter has been to and fro for about 5 years. She has married a lovely Oz guy and has been over there for a year now.......... can't wait to get there. I visited lots of wineries..... so perhaps we met!! Thanks so much for your reply and will look you up when I get out there, 6 weeks today!

Sandy x

look forward to it,.......... thanks!

you lucky things!!! you will love Adelaide x

next time Nikki eh!! x

Hiya Sandy and welcome.

You've not made a bad start at all

Enjoy your looooong holiday here - your first visit??

Nice time of year to come over and see us.

Hiya;)

Thanks for your reply. Visited last Nov. for 6 months! another looonng holiday! cant wait to get back.. 6 weeks today!! I dont know how the posts, threads, quick replies etc works, perhaps I can read about it somewhere?. All new to me, sad person as I am... I will fumble through I expect, same as in life hehe!

sandy xx

G'Day Sandy and welcome to PIA! Nice to have you joining us. You'll love the weather here in November. There's nothing better than relaxing with a bottle of Red Dingo (chilled of course) and watching the sunset with great company.

Hope to catch up when you get here

Judi x:cute:

Sounds good to me Judi! whats 'red dingo'? It sounds good! If its red and Australian, it will be good.

Sandy x

Hi Sandy,

Welcome to PIA, where are you from in God's country? I'm a Pontypridd lad myself.

Have a great holiday and don't drink all our Shiraz,

Guzzler

Thanks from Aberearon in Mid Wales........ only in Oz for 3 months or so.... so I will leave you a bottle or two

;)sandy x

Hi Sandy,

Don't worry we will be gentle with you. Welcome to the 'get the hell out of here' club.

Where abouts in Adelaide is your daughter? How long are you going for? As Ali said when you get back we could be asking you all the questions about Oz.

Pete

Hiya Pete

Still dont understand threads and post etc... someone help me or am I thick!!!! I dont wanna know! My daughter lives in the city and is married to an Oz guy, who is great!

I'm going out for 3 months or soooooo! cannot wait.... 6 weeks today! I went for 3 months last year and ended up staying another 6 weeks...... I love it!

Sandy x

Hi,

welcome to the site,will look forward to reading how your holiday went.

Myrtle,Tony,Callum

Hi!

If its as good as last year, it will be FAB!

Sandy xx

Hi Sandy, Welcome to the site.

My wife and I are also members of the senior section with children in Aus.

We now have our visa and will be arriving in Adelaide about the beginning of November.

If I can be any help, or if you wish to know things about Parent Visa's, please let me know.

Hello!

I sent you a reply, but as I am a complete novice and dont understand posts and threads etc.., I probably pressed the wrong button! I would be very interested in picking your brain about cont.parent visa. Maybe meet up in Adelaide! I am out on my hols. end of November:D will keep in touch!

Sandy xx

Thanks guys,

If I can help anyone I will! Once I get the hang of this site!! fed up of seeing my face everytime i post a reply, when I find out how, I will change it, If I can find the cool ones everyone else has!

Sandy x

Hello Sandy , read your posts , nice to hear you are so looking forward to coming back to see us !! Been here two months now and loving it , feeling so settled so soon . We were in Tanygroes ( you'd know it well ! ) before coming out here - bit of a change for us doncha think , despite being origionally from birmingham !

As with all the other lovely people on the site , best wishes for your trip and it would be lovely to hear from you when in our neck of the woods . Regards The Monaghans ;)

Hiya, know Tanygroes well! No wonder you left (hehe only kidding) beautiful place! Will contact 'youall' when I get over, perhaps we can 'do lunch'!! or better still open a few bottles of red!

Sandy x

Guest jen&ian

Hi Sandy,

Well you were always going to do well on here as soon as you mentioned the bottled stuff:wacko:, you found the level so quickly! How did you know?;). As for being a novice at this sort of thing, are you sure you're not a ringer? You know how to do all those fancy quotey thingies which is more than I do. Enjoy your visit.

Jen:cute:

• 4 weeks later...