Hi, and so the journey begins

Guest bishvegas

Guest bishvegas

Hello all.

I've been a member for a few weeks but thought I'd finally introduce myself as we have now officially began the process.

I'm Julie (29) married to Stephen (34) and we have 3 children, Lucy (9), Jessica (6) and Ben (2). We live in County Durham and are eventually hoping to come out on a 176 visa as OH is a Carpenter and Joiner.

We are so excited about the move even though it is quite some time away, however most of our family are quite gutted (which is perfectly understandable) and keep trying to put us off by saying negative things about the cost of living etc etc. Can't be any worse than here is what I say and our main decision for the move is to give our kids opportunities they would never get if we stay here.

So I look forward to getting to know everyone and no doubt will probably have loads of questions along the way :)

Bye for now.

Hi Julie,

Welcome!

We moved because of our children. My only regret is that we didn't do it 10 years earlier.

The biggest issue is always family. My parents came here and stayed for 3 months and they want to come back again at the end of the year.

The world is getting to be a smaller place though and when you use skype you can stay in touch much easier (and cheaper) than in years gone by.

Tamara

Guest uptheiron

Good luck ! We moved here nearly five years ago. Four kids who are having a ball. Daz is an electrician. People have been absolutely fantastic. A far cry from North Lincolnshire. Mum n dad get over every opportunity they can..and love it. We'va had many friends visit. Life's good. Still have work and bills to pay but the lifestyle is sooooo much better!!! Life's for living!!

Hello all.

I've been a member for a few weeks but thought I'd finally introduce myself as we have now officially began the process.

I'm Julie (29) married to Stephen (34) and we have 3 children, Lucy (9), Jessica (6) and Ben (2). We live in County Durham and are eventually hoping to come out on a 176 visa as OH is a Carpenter and Joiner.

We are so excited about the move even though it is quite some time away, however most of our family are quite gutted (which is perfectly understandable) and keep trying to put us off by saying negative things about the cost of living etc etc. Can't be any worse than here is what I say and our main decision for the move is to give our kids opportunities they would never get if we stay here.

So I look forward to getting to know everyone and no doubt will probably have loads of questions along the way :)

Bye for now.

Hi there guys,

Welcome to the forum should you need any help just give the guys on here a shout...wealth of info on here.

Good luck with it all and make sure you have your seatbelts fastened up nice and tight...

ATB

HG